Shopping for thy self!

Good morning and happy Thursday! Wow it has been ages since I last blogged, we are now pretty much settled into our new place minus the dining table, doors, my dressing table and tiles in the bathroom.... Errr ok we still have a lot to do but it's looking pretty good. 

Yesterday I treated myself to a few things that I'm excited about so naturally I had to share!


  • KIEHL'S Creamy Eye Treatment - I just love the texture of this, it's basically one of the most hydrating eye creams on the market, it has a thick but smooth consistency and has a slight sheen finish which I love. It's enriched with avocado oil and will enable my concealer literally glide on. I aim to use this mainly in the mornings as I am using a different eye cream at night which is more of an anti ageing one.
  • AVENE Thermal Spring Water - I go through bottles of this stuff like it nobodys business. I use it to freshen up during the day particularly when I need a little wake me up, I use it like a toner to mist over my face (although now the SA at Kiehl's made me want their calendula toner) I also use it after my makeup almost like a setting spray when I am out of Mac fix+.
  • THE BODY SHOP Mango Body Butter - I love body butters and the body shop ones have always been my favourite, I used them throughout my pregnancy and love all the different scents. Mango has always been high up there scent wise and yesterday I managed to grab the body butter, shower gel and perfume all for £15 as they had some kind of special offer.
  • BENEFIT Fake Up Concealer (Shade 02) - I LOVE love love this, it's my second tube and I was scraping the remainder of the last tube with a brush and usually I'm quick to toss products. This concealer has a balm and an extremely creamy and hydrating texture that manages to last all day without creasing.
  • REAL TECHNIQUES Miracle Complexion Sponge - I have wanted to try this for ages but it's always been out of stock but I finally got it yesterday *happy dance* I have never tried the 'Beauty Blender' as I find the price ridiculously high for a sponge, but have tried a dupe version in the past by 'Cosmopolitan' which I really enjoyed. The shape of this RT one really excites me and I'm really looking forward to trying this baby on my face. The idea is to wet the sponge then bounce/stipple your base to create a airbrushed dewy finish and use the different angles to get different finishes.


The sponge up close...


What have you purchased for yourself lately? 
And do you have any favourite Kiehl's products you would recommend?

Comments

Unknown said…
I suggest you to have Kiehl's Calendula tonic, it is one of the best!

I am also using Kiehl's avocado eye cream in the mornings, one of my fave!

"guzel gunlerde kullan!" :)

http://lifewithhk.blogspot.com/
Am completely obsessed with Kiehls avocado eye cream - have used it non-stop for at least 4 years now - I think its light yet rich formula is amazing for preventing signs of ageing. Also love mango body butter & avene thermal spray - I've tried other thermal sprays like La Roche Posay and Vichy, but they don't soothe & heal my skin like the Avene one .
Real techniques applies concealer heavenly , it looks so natural. And of course my next concealer will be Benefit fake up! Enjoy them all doll! :)
ezapotoczna said…
I love the Midnight recovery concentrate by Kiehl's :)and also wanted to try the avocado eye cream you mentioned- sounds like a dream! My last purchase that I love is the intense hydration night cream from "Yes to Carrots". I was so surprised by it, its amazing!
Unknown said…
I like the avene spray too - such a good refresher. Also took advantage of the Body Shop's 3 for 2 and got some skincare the other day. So far I like the vitamin c facial polish I picked up there. x
Anonymous said…
Soo good to treat yourself sometimes. My absoloute favorite Kihls product at the moment is the Ultra Facial Hydrating Mask, I literally love this stuff it is without a doubt one of the best products I have ever used.
George x
ohgeorgeporge.co.uk
Anonymous said…
I am curious about the eye cream you use at night? Could you please share your night face care routine - with products?
Thank you in advance, have a great day !
metadroom said…
Benefit Fake Up Concealer'i merak ettim.. It's on my wishlist now. x
Anonymous said…
I recently bought the Fake Up concealer by Benefit and I love it! I've heard so much about Kiehl's, but I yet to try a product.

Aissa || aissa carmela

Popular Posts