Sewing Night...

Last night I got out my shizzle and decided I would make a few things.

Here's what I came up with....

First up is this weird chicken like character, I had no direction and just made it up as I went along, and I think it shows lol, but it's cute and Esra appreciates it. :)

I also made one of these tag toys as I realised how much Esra appreciates and loves chewing on the labels of her toys. I used a variety of textures and even made the inside crinkly.
 

I made 3 tie bibs, initially they were squared off but I decided the triangular shape is much cooler. I used flannels on the inner section so that it's more absorbent.



While I was at it I made a nappy/diaper and wipes case as I have seen a few people with some and wanted in on it.


Lastly I made a little elasticated pocket to store some of Esra's toys so they don't get all muddled up in her toy box.


I must say it felt brilliant designing things in my head and sewing them, I haven't taken my sewing machine out since I was pregnant. I have decided I'm going to do sewing nights once a month from now on. Before anyone asks, I had the fabrics at home and some were even recycled scarves and tops.  

What would you make if you could sew?

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are so adorable x
Fleur said…
I can't wait to get my sewing machine out again! You've reminded me how much I miss sewing. I can't wait to start making skirts again. I'm very tempted to try and make a waterfall skirt which are so popular at the mo... Might need some luck with that though!
You've sewn some really cute things :) xo
Muhsine Emin said…
@Fleur I would love to make a waterfall skirt too :) I have one so will steal the pattern :) x
AlsLoves said…
so cute, love the idea of the tag toy
and the nappy case turned out really great!
Emma D said…
omg you did these all in one night?! incredible!!!
i especially love the bibs and the nappy case - so creative! Esra won't be having any embarassing baby photos to look at when shes older, such pretty little things!! xxxx
arlene said…
These are beautiful, I'm inspired to dust off my sewing machine too x
Muhsine Emin said…
@Emma - ermm I finished a few things off in the morning as it was about 2am when I stopped and I couldnt concentrate anymore :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@Arlene do it - I ordered some new books and I can't wait to try some of the projects :)
ThinkOrange said…
So cute!
I never commented before but I have to tell you that I officially read all of your posts, it took me a couple of months (didn't have much time), but all done:)
Kisses from Belgrade
Donna said…
These are brilliant :) x
LaaLaa said…
These are beautiful, you should make a shop selling things to mum's who love these homemade baby things - they have such a home & personal feel to them!

I can sew but if I got the hang of knitting I'd knit me a EDF energy flame toy lol! XO
Unknown said…
adorable creations! xx

http://thehannahway.blogspot.com/
Riham said…
Muhsine you are amazing! I wish I had some sort of talent sewing haha.. You are so incredibly creative mashallah! I would love to try making some bibs and the tag toy for Aya.. She also loves chewing on tags! I got so happy when I saw you updated your blog:)
Soph. said…
Gorgeous things. You're really good.

I sew as well but am not as neat as you! I have featured a few of my creations on my blog if you're interested in seeing what I make.

Xox Soph

Glamorous Life
coline said…
This is really cool!

munchmecat.blogspot.com
coline-rialan.blogspot.com
Ana Sofia said…
Oh wow you are so talented, everything you made is absolutely stunning! The rag doll is one of the most adorable toys i have seen, plus i can imagine when Esra is all grown up, that toy will have such deep sentimental value.

cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.co.uk

x
kerker said…
if i could sew, i would make lots of cute skirts
Lizaboo said…
Wow this is a fab idea. Your a wiz kid on that sewing machine. I need to buy one now ive moved out as i dont think my mum would appreciate me stealing hers haha :o) x
Laura said…
Its lovely you make all these toys and little bits - so personalised and the chicken toy is so cute.
Amarja said…
Very creative. Nice. And is the chicken doing a split? ;)
hijabinista said…
your daughter is lucky to have such a talented momma! love the nappy case. please post if you make outfits for esra!!

glamuslim.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
youve been busy x
Aw so cute! and as a mama-to-be love esra's bubbagarm blog too, please do some new posts soon on there! x
rozemakeup22 said…
Your so creative :) wish I could sew like that, you'll have to teach me! Xx
WoooooooW!!!!!!


NEW POST- Wearing White Pants...

http://chocolateinfashion.blogspot.it/2012/04/wearing-white-pants.html

Popular Posts