Sparkle!

Look at what we have here..

The limited edition 'SPARKLE' palette for Christmas from Sleek MakeUp.

I got this in the post this morning and was quite excited to unwrap it from the packaging as it looked very delicate. I expected it to be packed full of different shades of white, gray and silver sparkly eye shadows which would have been SO appropriate but was faced with a wide range of colours which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but my vision was different, I get very imaginative. However, I think this palette is quite special and so I had to share.


They are almost your typical Christmas colours but with a few extras.


All of them apart from 'Noir' (matte), 'Gold Ribbon' and 'Tinsel' (Shimmer) contain chunks of silver glitter which is finely milled. All of the colours are extremely pigmented and wearable despite the glitter but there is some fall out. This palette is mainly suited for night time looks, parties and any other special occasion during the festive season.


My favourites are the 2 purples on the end.


I don't really like 'Gold Ribbon' mixed with these colours, it throws it off for me and I would have preferred a neutral matte shade instead. I really like the concept of these new glitter shades and would love to see a palette which would be a 'Basics' palette that contain matte, shimmer and glitter shades suitable for day and night use.


These kind of remind me of pressed glitter pigments and some of the night series eye shadows that Nars do too.
Overall this palette is a hit and one to check out, just thought I would give you a heads up.

Available on November 24th online and at Superdrug for £5.99.

Have you picked up a Sleek palette lately and will you be picking this up?

Comments

Lyricallyness said…
sThis look really great! nice post! Now i feel the need to get that LOL :)
Anonymous said…
Star Light looks really nice.
But do they all have the same kind of silver sparkles or are some with other colour glitter? It would be nice if that Light Star had kind of blue and purple glitter.
XXX
Wow!! Precious colours.
Muhsine Emin said…
@Mercedes - It only has silver sprakles, there's no variation. It would have certainly been nice with purple glitter :) xxx
Emma said…
they're SO pigmented and lovely colours, thanks for sharing :) xxx
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing. This palette looks nice, I want it. :)
Steph said…
oooooooo interesting..i see what you mean by you expected something different!
Jen said…
Illusion and Festive look gorgeous! I may have to pick this up just for them...I love plummy eyes in winter :)
Ooooh I saw this from their twitter post it looks fab, to be honest I don't NEED it LOL but will get it...just to see!

Vikki-Gabrielle World Blogspot

vikki
oh goodness, yet ANOTHER thing i feel i MUST have :p

the shadows are gorgeous!
Amina said…
The colours look BEAUTIFUL!
If it weren't for this post i wouldn't have ever known. Love your blog :)
Sharon said…
very pretty I love Sleek palettes,recently got the Good girl LE and Bad girl as well dont know if I will get this one lol thanx for sharing
Katie Renee said…
Great colors! specially love the browns and that gold is gorgeous!
Georgina said…
The purples definitely stand out as the nicest in this palette!
Naomi said…
I cant wait for this palette to come out! It's gorgeous! I'm still waiting for my order from sleek! grrr xx
Inner Belle said…
OMG OMG OMG I AMM ALLLL OVER THIS ONE I LOVE IT CANT WAITTTTTT!!
glamour rouge said…
Love the two purples! x

www.glamourrougenotes.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
OHHHH how sleek are spoiling us :) xxx

http://beautybypaula2010.blogspot.com/
Vida said…
Ahhh I want! Lovely post =)
Lived With Love said…
these look gorgeous! please do a look with them!
a!k0 said…
WOW I love the colors...so festive :D and bold...

x0x0

lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com
Anahita said…
WOWWW these colors are gorogeous !!!
Seemeen said…
Love it! I really hope I can manage to get it somehow to South Africa. The colours are gorgeous. I have to tell you as well that I love reading your blog. It's absolutely awesome, well written and keeps me up to date on all things fab.
Nilufar said…
This is sooo ice for the XMAS season, I can't wait to get my hands on it. The colours are to die for. Thanks for the post wouldn't have known it exists if it wasn't for you. Inspirational Muhsine.

xXx
Ashlie Nicole said…
This looks FAB! I am most excited for the two shadows, on the bottom left. I would LOVE sleek to come up with the grey and a white palette. I love grey eyeshadows :) xx
Unknown said…
gorgeous pallet!!

xoxo,

insidelook19.blogspot.com
Patricia said…
not too bothered about this one but i wanna get my mitts on the bad girl palette, it's sold out everywhere!
E said…
Ooh this looks lovely! Sleek bring out a new palette every week lately! Hard to keep up :) x
Anonymous said…
The colors are spot on!
Ana Sofia said…
Extremely pigmented! Im not sure if i would pick up that specific pallete, but i definetly want to own the original one.. anyone want to buy me one for christmas? ;) haha x

x o x o

great blog hun!
Anonymous said…
So pretty!
Unknown said…
i love their eyeshadows especially these palettes. i think the texture is quite metalic and its hard to get off when it smudge. but it stays on the lid well. and always look absolutely stunning.

www.doasbg.blogspot.com
Sheefa F said…
I have this and love it too!
Ofra Cosmetics said…
Amazing colors! Great post! Followed!
L.M. said…
Let me start by saying how much I love your blog.....This sleek palette looks amazing. I hope Sleek sends to Greece!
Visit my new blog and win 4 mini beauty products for your handbag!
http://beauty-is-within.blogspot.com/
I saw this in Superdrug today! It looks gorgeous. I've already got the Storm palette, which I love, and I'm so impressed with the pigment of the colours!

Zoe
romeoandthelonelygirl.blogspot.com

Popular Posts