PINK - Powder Blushes

My mission recently has been to discover the perfect pink blush. I struck gold with "Ripe Peach" blush ombre in the peach sector and now all my focus has been on different shades and textures of pink.

Here's 5 to lust over..


  • MAC Tippy LE (Beauty powder blush) on the left
  • Mac Dollymix (Sheertone shimmer) on the right.

Both of these have been compared to each other as Tippy was limited edition with the Hello Kitty collection, however as you can see, Tippy is more cool toned as opposed to Dollymix which is more warm toned and Rosy. Dollymix is also sheerer than Tippy but still pigmented.


  • NARS Angelika

This is a cool toned medium pink with finely milled silver sparkles.


  • MAC Moon River LE mineralised grand duo on the left
  • MAC Well Dressed (Satin) on the right.

Both of these blush colours look quite similar in tone, but Well dressed is slightly darker, it's a satin so it has a soft sheen with no glitter. However, Moon River is very glittery which I use it as a highlight, I can see it working as a blush for fairer skins.


Here are the swatches for comparison!


  • To be honest I NEVER wear Tippy, it's far too pigmented on me and it just looks way too much. I do think however it will get some use when I am uber tanned.
  • Dollymix doesn't look that special in the pot but when applied looks beautiful. It has a soft sheen and applies really pigmented but still manages to look natural, I would however recommend a light hand.
  • Well Dressed is a perfect blush for those who don't like to wear blush. Even though I love blush I do tend to skip it in my routine sometimes. When I wear this I don't feel like I need a highlighter as the soft sheen adds a nice glow.
  • Moon River is a sparkly icy pale pink, it's probably the most used powder blush in my collection. I tend to use the lighter side as a highlighter, and the darker side as a blush when I want my cheeks to glow, it will look really pretty and stand out more on fairer tones of skin.

My Favourites?

I love Well Dressed for everyday, Dollymix is for when I want the perfect pink cheeks and Moon River is my perfect pink toned highlighter that doubles as a blush. Sadly Angelika and Tippy don't get a lot of love.

The conclusion? Yes, I have struck gold with Well Dressed and Dollymix and they are my perfect pink blushes! *Claps*

What's your favourite pink blush?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Angelika looks really pretty on you! I can't believe your don't wear it more often. I may have to check it out. I am not a blush person per se either, but wow, can it make a difference, right?
Glad you're back :)
Well Dressed looks amazing! I've heard so many good things about it. Recently I've been on the hunt for the "perfect dusty rose" blush.
Anonymous said…
i love dolly mix -so far its my fav pink blush!!
xx
Muhsine Emin said…
@Andi I have worn it once or twice but it's not something I reach for and yes blush really does make a difference :)
Leanne OCD said…
Smashbox Softlights in Dolce Vita for when I want a bit of shimmer and Benefit Dandelion for everyday. I'm thinking I must get my mitts on Well Dressed ;o)
Anonymous said…
For me it has to be Dainty but I always go for the pink/peach/gold ones. My favourite being Style!!!

http://mspurplemakeup.blogspot.com/
jennie said…
dollymix looks gorgeous! xo
Well Dressed is my favourite, it's stunning! xx
Unknown said…
Angelika looks like a great colour! Pinch o peach is definitely my favorite :-)
Asiya said…
Clinique - Pink Blush

I love clinique blushes for their very light application, since I don't have the guts to wear a strong blusher.

But I'm really dying to try a Grand Duo Blush for a party or evening look.

Asiya
Sheefa F said…
I need to get well dressed now! gorgeous :)
Aru said…
Dollmix is so cute! Actually I don't have any pink blushes, but those are all so pretty! Thanks for swatches! =)

xx
Unknown said…
Angelika seems so pretty and perhaps the most wearable for me. I agee tippy looks way too pigmented.
Unknown said…
well then i'm going to need to pick up dollymix and welld ressed! I totally hear you on Tippy - even though I'm NC40 even when Iapply it with a light hand or whatever it still looks a bit much, so I don't get that much use out of it!
Agatha said…
I love Proof Sheet by Smashbox which is a lovely, matte soft pink; a bright fuschia also by Smashbox called Radiance. And Avon had a great one - Cynthia Rowley for Avon all over face powder - still have it and it gives that natural flushed look to the cheeks.

For all those who are interested please check out my blog-
www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

I'm trying to promote it so I'll be very excited to get more visitors. Have a good day all!
RamblingRose26 said…
Those are amazing colors. I don't know which I like the most, they are so pretty and cute. Probably Tippy is too pigmented for me too, but I definitely wanna try Angelika and Dollymix
Leilani said…
Great post!
I love Dollymix. My other favorite pink blush is Pink Swoon. Yay for great pink blushes!
xbbkay said…
those are all beeautiful colours. i love blushes!
Louise H said…
I love moon river I am quite lae and it looks lovely I use it a lot I wish they would repromote it
Unknown said…
The all look gorgeous :D I'm a blush addict and would not leave the house without blush :D

http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/
http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/
http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/
http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/
http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/
http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/
EKB said…
I absolutely love when you do posts like these!
fantastic said…
I use dollymix more than I ever guessed I would..you're right. It's so much more flattering on, than it is in the tin. Nice comparisons :)
Ahh i love pink blush! Pinks deffo my faveroite! My faverouite at the minute is the cheek and lip tint a dupe for the benifit one :) its like hot pink I don't know the name haha :)

Nicola-x
Anonymous said…
Dollymix looks gorgeous! I've nebver bothered looking at it before but I may as well now :) I'm a complete blush freak, my latest love is Becca Gypsy, absolutely beautiful.
VampiressDoll said…
Love pinky blushes, Angelika is a blush that's on my wishlist! x
Anonymous said…
I love well dressed its perfect for every day natural looking make up. My favourite pink drugstore blush is by natural collection (boots) in the shade pink cloud, its a pretty mid tone pink with no glitter, you should try it as its around £2 only!
Unknown said…
I relly like the swatch of TIPPY!
But my fav is Dolly Mix! Love it!
Hello Barbie said…
Moon River looks stunning, need to buy it. x
Essjay23x said…
I went to try well dressed and dollymix once but the MUA thought that blushbaby was a better choice for me. Recently rediscovered dandelion at the bottom of my draw from benefit, very pretty!
Sara said…
I have been wanting Well Dressed, thanks for the review! It actually looks VERY similar to my Hard Candy mineral/baked blush, possibly a dupe!? ♥
Christel said…
I actually love the look of Angelika! I have Tippy and don't use it that often either, I really should. Alot of my products don't get enough love, is that a sign that I have too many? NEVER. :P
Soo Jin said…
Oh that's so funny- I picked up Well Dressed this past weekend! I've only used it once so far but I think I definitely found the perfect pink that I was looking for. :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@Sara maybe :) I don't have it so I don't know xx

@makeupper lol :)
Tali said…
Angelica and dollymix are gorgeous! :) You have a great pink collection! GLad to hear im not the only one though who buys LE items that are too pigmented and never uses them hehe.. I end up keeping anything LE and pretty packaged just because of the packaging!! xxx
Becka said…
I want Dollymix so bad after seeing this! Haha :)

I love Benefit's Coralista at the moment with MAC's Rhapsody in Two over the top :) xx
Sami said…
Barry M's Orchid Blush is surprisingly good - very pigmented and stays on allllllllllllllll day!
Sami xx

Popular Posts