Body Electrics!

Illamasqua has recently launched their Spring / Summer collection called "Body Electrics" for 2010 and I was thoughtfully and kindly sent a few items so, here are my thoughts..

Liquid Metal "Surge £17.00

I think it's a lovely colour and would look nice on the eyes, as a subtle highlight or even dabbed onto the centre of your legs to elongate them. The problem with liquid metals on the eyes is they crease. What I usually do is apply my e/s first and apply the liquid metal on top so that it sticks onto the powder. FYI: I found the consistency of this one much creamier to "Solstice".

Swatch - "Surge"


Bronzer "Writhe" £20.00

There are 2 bronzers in this collection which were launched with "Sirens" along with "Glint" in a duo form. I would describe "Writhe" as a coppery gold and "Burnished" as a bronze gold. (I have swatched them both for a comparison.) The new full size packaging includes the embedded Illamasqua logo and the same sleek mirror compact. The bronzers are highly pigmented and smooth to touch.


Swatch - Writhe


Swatch - Writhe VS Burnished


Body Kabuki Brush £38.00

This brush is HUGE and very soft, it's probably the biggest kabuki ever made! It's a great body brush and will work great with the bronzer when you want to dust some product on your decolletage or your legs.



OVERALL THOUGHTS ON THE COLLECTION

I like the collection but feel that a little bit more excitement was needed. I think the body oils, and the Purple nail varnish look great. The body kabuki was a good idea but I wish they launched a different kind of bronzer, and not a repromote. With regards to the liquid metals, I would like to have seen something different.

What's your take on Body Electrics?

Comments

Aru said…
I got the nail varnish Prism from this collection and I absolutely adore it! I think that liquid metals are gorgeous (I've got solstice and the golden one) and this looks fab too!

xx
Hollywood said…
I want the Liquid metal so bad !!! and the color you got is the one I adore.
Muhsine Emin said…
@Aru yes Prism looks lovely too, I LOVE Solstice! :)
Unknown said…
I love the Burnished Bronzer but quite expensive I think. I'm not sure if it will suit my skin tone so not sure if its worth the money. LOVE BRONZERS :)
Aru said…
I think they're so versatile! They can be used as eyeshadows, eyeliners, highlighters... so pretty! =)
Unknown said…
By the way muhsine I just created my own blog :) Sooo excited and I linked your blog on my first post. Hope that's ok :D
Muhsine Emin said…
@Tugba I prefer Burnished of the two bronzers, there's not much difference in them both. and congrats on your blog, hayirli olsun :) xx
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Thank you very much :) It is a honor for me to have you as a follower :D Thanksssss I think I will give burnished a try once I have used my bronzer up.

xxx
Nikki said…
Ive spotted Prism on a few blogs now, it looks really pretty, me likes!

I'm looking forward to a FOTD with these maybe?

:)
Unknown said…
I love the Burnesh bronzer, love the logo thing, looks amazing.
Is this as shimmer as the others?

I don't like shimmer for day time,most of the days, and have far to many like that, Sirens duo with Writhe is one of them.

But their powders are so amazing that I think I need it!
Unknown said…
Those bronzers look great.
Ms. Wedgie said…
JoMina (the lilac nail varnish) is my fave from this collection. It's a gorgeous shade and when i've worn it i've had loads of compliments!
Roshni said…
wow the colours look soo pigmented and pretty =D I love how you're soo honest with your reviews.. even though they sent it to you! There needs to be more bloggers like u =D
Anonymous said…
I need a new bronzer. I've never really found my match maybe I should look in to these. I have never brought from Illamasqua before. I actually always think of them as the Creative's brand, I don;t know why!
Devea said…
These look so freaking gorgeous! The liquid metal catches your eye! Might pick it up... :)
kellyyes said…
ugh i own a liquid metal and hate it. it crease so so much no matter what i do.
Marisa said…
I love the "surge" color! Looks so beautiful
Tali said…
I so agree with the repromoted bronzer comment. I kindof was let down it wasnt a new shade! xx
yasmin said…
follow me bubblegarm im brand new i LOVE your blog my dad is turkish so im half turkish too :) haha http://makeuponthebrain.blogspot.com/ xx
Anonymous said…
Lord save my bank balance, you have just inspired me to go on a major shopping spree... ;0)
Hinna said…
I like the look of that body oil! I didn't even know they had a new collection out!

Popular Posts