E.L.F - Budget Beauty Buys!

A couple of nights ago, I fulfilled my urge and placed a mini E.l.f (eyes lips face) order online. To be honest, I am not very fond of E.l.f as in the past, I ordered a MASSIVE range of products, and ended up tossing a lot of them in the bin - Eeeek, which explains my reasons for placing such a small order.


Tone Correcting Concealer - Shade: Honey £1.50

This was a repurchase, I remember using this in the past and remembering how creamy and light the consistency was. I currently have the mac select moisture cover concealer, but it's way too dark for me when I'm not tanned. I thought 'honey' would be the perfect shade, but it's still too dark! *Sigh*

The formula is actually really similar to the mac select moisture cover, even the packaging is the same shape, but clearly the elf lid looks very cheap. The only difference is that the elf concealer is slightly more creamy, less watery and has a slight orange scent. You can also see how warm toned the shade 'honey' is, it's sort of like a salmon pink undertone.


All Over Color Stick - Shade: Golden Peach £1.50

I already have 'Pink Lemonade' and LOVE it, I was expecting 'golden peach' to be the perfect blush shade but it honestly looks more like a highlighter shade for my skin tone. It is pretty though, it's exactly as described... a golden peach colour. I thought it reminded me of mac 'Lilicent', but it doesn't, see swatches below.


Studio Cream Eyeliner - Shade: Black £3.50

This was a totally random purchase. I have ran out of my blacktrack fluidline and wanted to see if an affordable option would do the job.


Here it is swatched.. On an initial swatch I tried to rub it off after about 5 seconds and it smudged all over the place. I then tried after about 10-15 seconds and it still slightly smudged. I tried it with a primer underneath and it seems to work better. I tried to smudge the swatch after and it did not budge. I haven't worn it on my eyes yet, so that will be the ultimate test.


The packaging is similar to most gel eyeliners, but this one is squared off, it actually looks very sleek.


Individual lash kit - Intensify lashes £1.50

I thought individual lashes would be good to add at the corner of my natural lashes for a more subtle effect.


Have you ordered anything from E.l.f lately or tried any of these products?

Comments

Unknown said…
I ordered the other day and completely forgot to get the Studio eyeliner. It sounds good though, so I'll order it next time :) xox
I don't rate ELF much. I certainly don't rate their make up. The cream eyeliner has been ok for me so far...
mo.honey said…
I did the same thing with e.l.f.; last summer, I had 3 bulk orders and when I got them, it was fun but, yeah I threw away most of the stuff cuz I won't do cheap unless it's to die for. So, now I'm only addicted to the brow kit (in light.. works well for my dark brows for some reason.. I think it warms them up), the cuticle pen.. and sometimes, I'll set my foundation with their spf 45 sunscreen powder but, that's about it. I prefer Aveda, Trish McEvoy, Chanel, MAC, and L'Oreal (mascaras) for everything else. One of my orders had that concealer in like 4 different colors .. I forget which color worked for me but, I do remember that the formula wasn't bad.. I just threw it away cuz the packaging was so cheap and a little messy (the product got on the wand and would transfer to the outside of the tube after a few uses). Thanks for the post, I'm following your blog now! :)
The all over stick looks pretty - especially pink lemonade.

I've never ordered from ELF, but I am tempted by NYX - it's so cheap - and the products seem to be of such good quality. I'm tempted to place a HUGE online order!
Hollywood said…
That's so funny I placed an order today on teh ELF website the studio line is 50% off I couldn't resit, and just like you I am not a huge fan of ELF
Unknown said…
I am not a big fan of elf. As you say most things I get from them end up in the bin. You are by far the best person for swatches by the way! xx
Laura-PBN said…
I haven't tried anything from elf. Some people rave about it, and others, like yourself, end up chucking it in the bin. That cream stick looks lovely though, both the golden peach and pink lemonade. I might to take a peek at those.
Unknown said…
Oh dear, yet more things I'll be adding to my shopping list! x
Sara said…
Hey doll! Would love to see how that eyeliner works. We have a fabuloussss cheapo one by Wet n' Wild here. Its I think $2.99 or something like that. Anyway its very pigmented/dark and lasts a long time! I adore it. As for the cream stick, from the swatch it looks like a dupe for MAC Hush Cream Colour Base! Which was relaunched in one of the recent collections :] Im not 100 percent sure which one, but I'm thinking the same with the Peach Ombre blush. Id have to double check on that. Their powder highlighter in Luminious is very good, its a lil powdery but creates a pretty non-glittery sheen.
♥ best wishes!
Muhsine Emin said…
@motled yes the packaging is very cheap :(

@powder ahhh your right, it does look like hush cream colour base! I used to have the powder highlighter in Luminious, but i think I gave it to my mum and she left it in Turkey, it was really pretty! I hope this elf eyeliner works out :)
Unknown said…
Hi,

I must say that there are only few products from elf that i love, the others are just meeeh for me.

I absolutely love:

- studio line face brushes
- shimmering facial whip
- color sticks
- healthy gloe bronzing powder in luminance (GREAT highlighter, you have to try it!)
- studio bronzer warm

all the other stuff that I ordered are really nothing special, but I reccomend the ones I named.


XoXo
Muhsine Emin said…
@Summerbabe I have a studio line complexion brush which is great, I tried the luminance highlighter, it's very nice, the facial whips are ok, but I disliked the warm bronzer. the all over color sticks are def my fav! Thanks for your recommendations. xx
LillianZahra said…
The All Over Colour Stick looks lovely - I already have Pink Lemonade but may have to add to my collection...looking forward to hearing how you get on with the cream eyeliner. I have Sleek's one but find that I have to really layer it on to get any colour pay-off so am tempted to give E.L.F's a go...x
Anonymous said…
I've tried some ELf and though I tossed most of it in the trash bin, there are still a couple things in the Studio line I'd like to try eventually.
Cindy Khor said…
ordered the cream eyeliner, a complexion brush, a small smudge brush and a nail polish just a few minutes ago as they are having free shipping codes right now.
Jaime said…
I don't have any of the products you purchased, but I recently got their HD powder, Natural Nymph lipstick, some brushes and an eyeshadow quad. I am quite pleased with all of the items I bought. However the first time I placed an order there were a few things that went in the trash. At least they are inexpensive! :)
missmascara1983 said…
I love the eyeliner. x
Dye-A-Graham said…
Do you have Wet n' Wild in the UK? If so, you should try their gel liner..it is amazing...better staying power than MAC blactrack. I am obsessed with it, and it's only $2.99.
Emily said…
I recently purchased the gel liner and am head over heels! This product was perfect for a "virgin gel liner" like me. I'm in LOVE!
Muhsine Emin said…
Love reading all of your comments!!! X

@Dye-A-Graham I will do some googling :)
alovelyblush said…
I really like e.l.f. but I'm a bit of a bargain girl myself. I love seeing the high end colors and trends but I cannot bring myself to really part with the cash for them. I have to be honest - e.l.f. does NOT compare to higher end makeup. But if you're looking for something close that's inexpensive and workable, then e.l.f. is for you. The blushes are no wear NEAR as pigmented as higher end blush, but you can layer it up and make it work, and the colors it comes in are really cute - for a buck! ;)
GiGi said…
I like the studio e/s in amethyst, but w/ a dark base & patting it on. The $1 all over cover stick in honey for a concealer is good too. I'm not a fan of the bronzers either. They are to ashy for me.
Muhsine Emin said…
@A Lovely Blogger Totally agree! you can't go wrong with the prices!!
AllThingsGirly said…
I am about to put in an order for ELF products but trying to work out what i need as their are so much i like the look of but don't want to be disapointed if their not the right shade or not what i was expecting. I do like ELF products and i think their value for money is good :) x
Unknown said…
the elf all over cover stick is just to cheap for those great results, I am def going to try that, thanks for the post

browsingbrunette.wordpress.com
Anonymous said…
mmm golden peach looks lovely

xxx
CherriesinSyrup said…
I have these ELF sticks in Pink Lemonade and Toasted. Toasted is definitely my favorite, I have done a post about it with a swatch. It is a gorgeous bronze color !!!
Andee Layne said…
i love that golden peach color~ thanks for sharing xo

Popular Posts