YSL Faux Cils and Touche Eclat!

I was lucky enough for someone to bring me back this package from duty free, happy times! It works out much cheaper than buying them individually and you also get a free mini eye makeup remover, sometimes they throw in a pencil too. This set cost £33.65 from a UK airport.


There's something about the gold packaging that warms me up and puts a smile on my face! :) I think Yves Saint Laurent possibly have the best packaging ever.



Faux Cils is my FAVOURITE mascara ever, it's the only mascara I have gone through many tubes of. Every single time I wear this, I ALWAYS get asked if I am wearing false eyelashes. It creates lots of thick volume and drama on your lashes, the only downside is if you apply too much, it can look a bit clumpy.

A good dupe for this is the L'oreal voluminous, but I find that after a few uses the drama disappears, it's only good for a couple of weeks. Whereas the Faux cils is good even after 2 months.

The wand is easy to use and I don't need to use much product as the black is very intense.


The touche eclat, is a classic, a must have for any makeup addict. It's a beautiful brightening product to add light to the skin. Please note, this is not a concealer, and I don't recommend you use it as one unless you don't have any dark circles. I use it under my eyes, cheekbones and sometimes to highlight the bridge of my nose for a brightening effect. It's a great natural highlighter for a radiant finish. It's not heavily pigmented so it doesn't have a cakey finish as it's quite watery and very blendable. I love it! :)

The brush applicator is very handy, so once the product is distributed when you click the top, it makes it easy to apply.


What are your favourites from YSL?

Comments

Hollywood said…
I love YSL packages they are so "Chic"
I love YSL mascaras the FAux-Cils is the best I ever tried...and the smell...there is nothing to explain how fabulous the scent is...

Chloe.
Unknown said…
the only thing i ever buy from YSL is touche eclat ,,, i love it ,,,

i dont use it to hide my dark circles ,,, but i use it sometimes above my concealer ,, on my cheeck ,, under my brows as a highlight,,,

i LOVE IT !
Cheryl♥ said…
I hear so much about these two products but I never have taken the plunge in any YSL products yet. This is definitely a package I would have picked up at the duty free. Thanks for sharing!
Muhsine Emin said…
@Hollywood very cheek indeed :)

@Sara yes it's not really an underye concealer even though a lot of people I know use it for that reason. I use it for exactly the same thing you do. x

@Cheryl def check it out at duty free, dont pay full price. :) You will not be dissapointed. x
Anonymous said…
I've never tried any YSL products, but I definitely want too soon. The Faux Cils Mascara and Touche Eclat are on my list, as is the Rouge Volupte in No.2
Devea said…
I have never tried YSL products, but I plan on it!

Would you recommend any out the lip glosses? They look really good!


http://cupcakesofsilk.blogspot.com/
Muhsine Emin said…
@Hope I have never tried any of the glosses so dont have an opinion on it xx
Soraya said…
I recently purchased touche eclat and have to say im not loving it, I dunno if its just because I prefer more coverage and so am not used to such a sheer product but it just doesnt seem to do anything for me. Really want to try faux cils, my current favourite mascara is diorshow blackout.. have you tried it and if so, how do they compare?
I keep hearing so many great things about Faux Cils, I'm going to have to try it one of these days. I am loving the gold packaging as well.
Anonymous said…
Does the 'Faux Cils' smudge/ or make you have racoon eyes? I hate that in mascaras- and waterproof ones are very hard to remove.

I LOVE their classic and elegant lipsticks-best ones IMO.
Muhsine Emin said…
@Lipsandlashes touche eclat isnt really a concealer, more of a brightening profuct / highlighter. Try applying it to your cheekbones, brow bone and inner corner of your eye, and even on top of your concealer for a brightening effect. Also, yes I have tried the dior show too and faux cils is still my fav. :)

@Hijabcouture it does smudge when it gets too hot unless you make sure to set around your eyes with sheer powder, as the moisture from your skin interfers. x
Anonymous said…
YSL packaging always looks so luxurious, I like the look of the touche eclat as a highlighter x
Anonymous said…
These 2 products have been on my want list forever!! Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy these soon!!
Anonymous said…
i love YSL packages, they look so lovely and expensive (well they are!).

I'm not a fan of touche eclat, i think they're a bit overrated personally and the faux-cils, well the bristles started falling out within 2 months of use... I don't even know if thats normal xD.

My favourite YSL products are the top secrets primer, perfect touch foundation, rouge volupte (especially peach passion) and the golden glosses =).

X
Anonymous said…
i love YSL packages, they look so lovely and expensive (well they are!).

I'm not a fan of touche eclat, i think they're a bit overrated personally and the faux-cils, well the bristles started falling out within 2 months of use... I don't even know if thats normal xD.

My favourite YSL products are the top secrets primer, perfect touch foundation, rouge volupte (especially peach passion) and the golden glosses =).

X
CherriesinSyrup said…
I love YSL mascara, my lashes get so so full and with so much volume that I can barely believe that they are my natual lashes. Definitely a great mascara, for the ones who love a little drama on the eyes.
India said…
I love the Touche Eclat! Used to use the Faux-Cils as well, but then it was replaced by Hypnose..
nomorebs777 said…
i got ysl fax cils once and i accidentally dropped it in my toilet and ever since dat i never got mascaras dat cost more than 20 bucks haha... but now i think i need to give it another try!!! u look gorgeous!
I love the YSL packaging too. and Toche eclat is definitely one of my most repeat purchased products.
I love touche eclat, their complete line of beauty....
Unknown said…
which number of ysl touch eclat u r using ?
Rouge Volupte in #10 Provocative Pink is superrrr beautiful! It's a bold fuchsia pink and a must have for any makeup maven! :]
Muhsine Emin said…
@Miss this one is in no1, I sometimes use no2 also.
Sheefa F said…
Gorgeous products! Your gona make me buy both hehe
Anonymous said…
my mum had one lipstick with simile packaging years ago, i guess it was the same brand if it existed then.
I so adored the packaging as a kid that i would try my best to get it from her makeup box. :)

Popular Posts