Laura Mercier - Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser Review

Shade: Sand

I have left it a while before reviewing this as I constantly changed my mind about it. The consistency of this oil free tinted moisturiser is very thick, not quite what I am used to, you have to work very quickly as it dries quite fast making it difficult to blend. I have only ever used my fingers to apply this as recommended on the tube, using a brush would waste a lot of product. It dries rather matte, not powdery at all, just a lovely natural finish and feels quite light on the skin. It doesn't need to be set with powder and still lasts all day (A light dusting of powder wouldn't do any harm on the T Zone.) This tinted moisturiser actually gives quite good coverage similar to a light coverage foundation, it hasn't clogged my pores and I have not experienced any breakouts. Overall, I am happy with it but I'm not in love with it.

One reason why I kept changing my mind about it was to do with the colour. At times it's a perfect match and sometimes it feels like it's too red depending on the lighting or whether I have applied fake tan or not. The other reason is because I initially found it difficult to blend.

Would I repurchase? Yes
Price: £32.00 (40ml) Available in 5 shades.

Have you tried this? What do you think?

Comments

Hi Maintenance said…
oH I love this!! its one of my fave products this year, makes my skin look super clear but I do add powder cuz this does make my face look a lil oily
Muhsine Emin said…
@Hi Maintenance a little bit of powder on the t zone does help :) x
MichĂ©lle said…
I love this for summer especially :)
Anonymous said…
Lovely review! I have this in Nude and I love the finish it gives... It's very light. However, I'm not sure if it breaks me out or not though because I wore this to a wedding the other day and a couple of hours later I went to look in a mirror and I had a couple of zits O_O... I'll have to give it a proper try before I make any rash decisions though coz it's expensive xD.

XXX
Tali said…
I use nude now and sand in summer... the problem is like you the sand color doesnt always match me. Its just a bit.. i dont know.. orangish?? lol i wish there was a bigger range of shades!
Anonymous said…
I have heard good things about this moisturiser. It is a shame that it is only available in five shades. I always have to apply different shades when I fake tan. With only five shades. I wonder if even the next one up would be going too far. I hate it when you find a good product but the colouring is wrong. I am very pale and have had this problem with Benefit before.
Muhsine Emin said…
@Michelle PERFECT for the summer!

@Linda Use it a few times before you make your mind up, sorry to hear about the zits!

@Tali I totally agree, next time I'll get the nude for winter! :) 5 shades isnt enough!!
Muhsine Emin said…
@essjay totally agree!
Dye-A-Graham said…
Being a woman of color, I have found that this line doesnt offer a wide range/selction for me. I like the consistency and the coverage- but the color range...blah! ahhaha
fantastic said…
no i haven't used this as a TM...but now you are worrying me that i won't find my shade match, as both you and tali have trouble with this! once i've finished up my current TM, i'll give this a try :) xx
I was given this as a gift the lightest shade and got a freaking bad allergic reaction. My skin dries out like desert! I stay away from this and primers from this brand. Not friendly at all with my skin :(
Anonymous said…
I feel like it's too pink/red on me too (I use Sand also). It's not a must-have product for me.
aretha said…
i suffer from the exact same problem! I'm in between Porcelain and Nude and in the end I had to get both and mix them together :(. Other than that I really love this TM.
Butterboo said…
I really don't like this TM, I used the shade Sand too and I always got that orangey/red look plus it made me very greasy within half an hour - and I have normal-dry skin. I highly recommend Dermalogica's Sheer Moisture Tint, it looks glowy and natural and doesn't make the skin greasy. Plus, it's less than £20 for 40ml tube. You can get samples from www.pure-beauty.co.uk (highly recommend this site as they ship very fast & are very efficient!) :) Takecare!!
Muhsine Emin said…
@Dye-a-graham & @Fantastic yeap colour variety is a huge problem!

@Butterboo will put that on my list, thanks :)
Nishant said…
I'll have to give it a proper try before I make any rash decisions though coz it's expensive

lingerie video

Popular Posts