Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll On!

Garnier have launched a tinted version of their popular eye roll on. It aims to act as a normal eye care treatment whilst concealing dark circles and delivering a illuminated, hydrated smoother surface. It contains caffeine and lemon extract and a UV filter but no SPF.


It comes in the same packaging as the green eye roll on but in a champagne colour. It has a metal rollerball applicator to massage whilst applying the product. The formula of the roll on is surprisingly pigmented and light feeling.


It applies quite smoothly, the texture is light and easily blendable. It only comes in two colour choices, fair or medium/dark. What's that about, there needs to be one for a chocolate skin tone! (Garnier take note!) I have it in medium/dark which is a very close match. It has some warm tones in it which counteract the blueness under the eyes.

I only applied a little bit!


I dabbed it in with my ring finger and this was the result. It looks quite rested, don't you think?

I think that this product is rather clever, as it eliminates the usage of 2 products under the eye area. 2 in 1 products are great for travelling and I think this will come in quite handy.

This product has been compared to the YSL touche eclat, I would say it IS similar, but the consistency is much lighter, the touche eclat leaves a slightly tacky more matte finish similar to the Bobbi Brown eye brightener. It's also quite similar to the BodyShops lightening touch concealers but that feels a bit more watery even though the Garnier one is also watery. It's also comparable to the Mac moisture cover but not as creamy. Does that make sense? :)

I was sent this product for free, however I was not paid. I mention this at the end as I don't feel that it's that important as it doesn't affect my opinion. I would have purchased this anyway as I'm curious like that!

Price: £9.99 (15ml)

Available from Boots.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It sounds great, will have to give it a go. It's surprises me how some brands still struggle identifying the need for an in between colour, but you're right it is a pretty good match and the fact that its warm based is even better. Will be trying this out.
Anonymous said…
Wow... the black and white photo of you down the side of your blog is amazing. You have a really pretty face, classic beauty look if you know what i mean :) Your hair looks great in this photo, how was it done?
Muhsine Emin said…
@Themultiple thanks :) think I just blowdried it straight, it was a while ago from a photoshoot for a uni project, discovered some old photos yesterday :)
Sounds like a good product, will have to check it out when its released. Do you think the medium colour will be ok for MAC NC25 skin? x
Anonymous said…
Interesting product! I may have to try it!
What is your all-time favorite under eye concealer? (besides the MAC)
Thanks gorgeous!
Karleigh said…
ohhhh this looks good, my only gripe tho is as its a treatment product you would apply it to bare skin, so wouldnt your foundation 'wash away' the concealer?!

fab blog btw, very addictive reading ive spent 40 mins reading it lol

xxxx
Tali said…
Great review... great pics too! Really shows off the true color of the product!!
Muhsine Emin said…
@Peonies and water lilies well im NC35 at the moment and its just about right, it may be abit dark for nc25 so I would recommend the fair or maybe you will be an inbetween, i'm not sure :s

@Andi it would have to be the Bobbi brown creamuy concealer x

@Noobarella you could apply it after your foundation if you wanted to. x

@Tali thanks hun x
Looks really good on you! I may give this one a go. The only thing that puts me off is that I don't really rate the regular eye roll on. It never seemed to do anything!

This one may be different though I suppose? x
Sounds like a really clever product! But the colour range... Garnier, come on ;) Thanks for sharing, great review! xxx
Natalie said…
I'm really interested in this. I was always interested in buying the regular roll on, but there are such mixed reviews for it. I may try this for the heck of it. :)
Anonymous said…
I don't think that I have ever used Garnier skincare but at the moment, the name seem to be everywhere. I like this idea of a 2in 1 and there looks like there is quite a bit in the tube and it could last a while?!
Muhsine Emin said…
@tackyblueeyeshadow & Natalie I purchased the normal eyeroll on as soon as it was launched but felt blah about it. This one has more of a purpose for me, as it's 2 in 1. hope that helps :) x

@essjay23x yes I think it would last a while.
Sheefa F said…
oh so gorgeous is this! I am so gona get this :)
I keep seeing ads for this on the subway and have been wanting to try it. I think it'd be good for days where I'm feeling lazy and didn't feel like doing much make up. I didn't know it came in a tinted version too, I'll have to look out for this!
glamour rouge said…
This product does look good and Im in desperate need of a new under eye concealer but im super broke at the mo, so am on the hunt for a 'cheapy but goody'
if you know of any please tell me! :)
Anonymous said…
It sucks that they dont have darker shades
Becky said…
oo i cant wait to try this xx
LillianZahra said…
Great post - I really want to try this product! I was looking at the non-tinted one today in Superdrug (it's half price at the moment) but didn't think that I would use it enough but the tinted version sounds great! x
Ashwini said…
This looks like a fun product to throw into your travel case. Thanks for the great review. I LOVE your B&W picture. You remind me of Madhuri Dixit, a famous Indian actress. :)
Sim said…
Hemen denemem lazm, çoook merak ettim.. Uzun vadede treatment etkisini gördün mü?
***
I should give it a try immediately, I'm really curious.. Did you notice any treatment effects in the long run?
Mz. More said…
I need this in my life. Unfortunately it looks to be too light for me! :(
Muhsine Emin said…
@Sim Yeni ciktigi icin uzun donemde kullanim icin birsey diyemem cunku daha cok kullanmadim. xx
Tina A. said…
Now I 'm REALLY intrigued...!
Ok, deep breath, this should come here in about 10 months...lol!

xx
Chrissy said…
I NEED to get my hands on this!
deniz said…
most of the time, I feel like I'm doing damage to my undereye area because I wear concealer everyday. I'm sure this product will eliminate the guilt by a great deal!
Thank you for this post. I hadn't seen this product yet and I'm dying to try it now. I always loved the under eye roller from this brand it felt so great on my skin every morning. I can't wait to try this. My under eye circles are the main reason I wear make-up at all. I'm convinced that if they weren't an issue I'd only wear a faint bit of mascara and eye shadow with some blush.

Thank you for the review and images!
Laurentia said…
I think it's a great product. I have a review on the light one, and a video on youtube too which you can access from my blog, in case you want to see the other shade.Hugs everyone.

Popular Posts