Illamasqua Dystopia

Illamasqua says: "Dystopia is not for the faint-hearted, Dystopia is a strong statement of defiant confidence. Where the dark meets the light. Monochrome shades build and blend, brought alive by flashes of intense pink and lurid purple, while dazzling pigments, metallic textures and iridescent finishes all add to the drama of this strikingly uncompromising look. As the nights grow longer, bring your alter ego out of the shadows and illuminate your individuality."

I was sent a few things from this collection, it's very different from 'Sirens' but I like it as it's the complete opposite. A fresh change always makes me smile. Lets get examining shall we?


First up we have the powder eyeshadow in Synth. This is a very pretty pale lilac with a duo chrome finish which has silver glitter. I have nothing similar in my collection so can't compare it to anything. I wore it as a lid colour and the glitter helped open up my eyes to create a flirty look. Price: £14


The powder eyeshadow in Machine is a dark grey almost black colour with silver glitter. It is highly pigmented and creates a perfect crease colour for the smokey eye. 'Machine' is comparable to Mac's 'Black Tied' and Maybellines eyestudio 842 'black metal'. In fact they are all almost identical, it's just a matter of what quality and packaging you prefer. Price: £14



Here are swatches of 'Synth' and 'Machine'.


Finally I have the sheer lipgloss to talk about, I am so glad I wasn't sent the intense silver gloss as I would have NEVER worn it. This gloss is very pretty, it's like the gloss version of 'Synth'. It's a very pretty pale lilac colour with a pink duo chrome finish. It's highly pigmented and applies very smoothly. This gloss has NO glitter! Price: £12.50



Here's a swatch of the sheer lipgloss.


Click HERE to visit the Dystopia collection from illamasqua. What have you got your eye on from this collection? I quite fancy the silver liquid metal...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice post. That gloss looks really pigmented even though it's sheer. I think I want it, lol
xoxox
ellamarie84 said…
Wow that gloss looks pretty when swatched! Love it.
Michelle London said…
the lip gloss looks lovely,but is it really strong on the lips
benkenz said…
I bought the silver metal and the static pigment! Loving them! My first Illamasqua purchases and really liking them! Really like the first eyeshadow you talked about! Sounds really nice!xx
Unknown said…
Nice post, the swatches are so clear. I might get that lipgloss next time I am at Selfridges. Sarah xx
Monika said…
Love the lipgloss swatch and I'm quiet liking the silver liquid metal too!
Love that Illamasqua are supporting the Sophie Lancaster foundation too!
xx
fantastic said…
i'm also interested in the liquid metal--but they don't yet have the dystopia collection at our sephoras. i'm thinking i may have to order that one online...
Anonymous said…
wow! machine! :O
em said…
great swatches! the shadows look really great & pigmented.
~Lisa said…
Wow! They're so pigmented! Even the "sheer" gloss!

Please visit my blog at www.xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
ooo that gloss is pretty!
rufflesandrouge said…
those colors look amazing - I have to try Illamsaqua - I need to look into it asap!!
Marisa said…
The lipgloss is gorgeous!
Unknown said…
great header.nice post:)
Anonymous said…
Another brand that tempts me very much! The shadows look amazing!
Unknown said…
I'm heading to Selfridges asap to check this out. The liquid metal looks to die for.
That lipgloss is absolutely lovely as well.
Tina A. said…
Gorgeous items!
I got the liquid metal (not so thrilled as I was with Solctice) and the black pigment, that I 've yet to play with!!!
Might make another order soon (my, that lipgloss look so pigmented)!!!

xxxx

Popular Posts