How to store your accessories!

The space saving way!! Currently I am a bit short on space and I wanted to share with you a few ideas as I have had to downsize and store 75% of my stuff in storage! :(

EARRINGS

I store my earrings in an acrylic divided box from Muji, I coordinate them by colour or style. It's very easy for me to find something that I want as I can see everything properly.


It has a sliding lid to protect it from dust, I just sweep this box under the bed.


Or, you can hook your earrings onto a glass, mug or vase and display them on your dressing table.


NECKLACES

I store my necklaces hooked onto these inexpensive little hooks from Ikea, I currently have a canvas wardrobe so I have quite a few wooden panels to hook things onto. However, you can hook these hooks onto the inside of your wardrobe door, so once the doors are open everything is clearly displayed but out of the way.



Or, if you have drawer space you can lay your necklaces all neatly in a row. Furthermore Muji also do lots of various acrylic dividers, you can pop your necklaces into those.

Another tip: I used to display all of my necklaces onto a pinboard that I covered with pretty wallpaper, I would just hook them all onto the pins and had it hanging on my wall, it was a beautiful piece of art. However, the hubby did not appreciate it - he saw it as clutter! :)



RINGS AND BANGLES


A way to store your rings is hooked onto a hoop earring, none of them go flying around. I have currently just popped my bracelets into a box which slides under the bed.



Or, If you have drawer space, you can pop all of your rings into a box and even display it on your dressing table.
You can also store your bangles neatly in a row, I do this by popping a circular cylinder shape inside them, you can use the inside of a kitchen towel or in my case I had a pretty olive oil box that I saved.



SCARVES

I folded mine up and displayed them upright into a cardboard box that was sent through the post with some clothes in it. It's amazing what you can do by recycling. You can store this in a drawer or even slip it under the bed.



Or, you can get a scarf hanger and slot them all in, however I find that this gets quite bulky and takes up more space than the folded option.

BELTS

I have just hooked mine over the wooden panel of the inside of the wardrobe, but a more practical way to store them is on a belt hanger. Of course, they aren't all of my belts! :)


BAGS

It's nice to have your bags all laid out but it takes up too much space, I got this fabric cream box from Ikea. I folded the bags neatly and put them inside. I just pop these inside the cupboard. However, I find it's nice to have a nice chest at the end of the bed or in front of a window to store bags in.

SHOES

Currently they are placed neatly on a little shelf in the wardrobe, nothing special about it. I sometimes overlap the shoes - but that's quite obvious so didn't feel the need to show you a picture. When I had the space, I would either store them in a shoe cupboard or a chest.

Comments

Unknown said…
ha Men, they don't get anything..."Cluter" you kna!

I love the mug for earings idea...so cool, will be stealing it, hehe!

Great Post!

xoxo
Shirls...like you call me lol!
Cat said…
This is such a great post, I am so envious of how neat and organised you are! I have dreams of de-cluttering my room and sorting everything out, but I am way too mussy to impliment it!

I hope you are coming to the body shop event btw - have you seen the venue? It looks lurvely :-)

xx
VampiressDoll said…
I love your organization!
I'm having trouble with my dress jewelery getting tarnished lately, any ideas how to stop this?
362436 said…
This is awesome. I never thought I had enough space in my closet. I guess I have to do this to make up some more space for new clothes! LOL! THX!
fashionjunkiexx said…
such good ideas, great post!


http://fashionjunkiexx.blogspot.com/
xx
Rumysa said…
great post muhsine!
I found this post very useful, especially the one about storing earrings in a Muji box! I'm definitely investing in one! Btw, I have exactly the same golden bangle as the one in the bottom right hand corner of the bangle box pic :-)
Skye said…
0oo0o0 great set up
Unknown said…
This is actually very helpful. I store my accessories in a drawer. But I like the acrylic boxes. Dunno where I can find one here but I'm gonna try dunelm haha.

Those hangers are so cool and just what I need.

Thanks for this!!
Krystallia said…
Excellent ideas!!I dont have that many of course and i just have a small bowl for my earrings and bracelets but for someone with your collection,wow!!Space is so hard to find anyway...
Unknown said…
I almost fell off my chair... I have complete organisation envy of you! :) xx
Rosa Adores... said…
wow everything is so organised, it all looks great :)
xx
WinterBlossom said…
Love this post so much! Your accessories are so well organised. I'm very jealous. Love the tip about the glass and the earrings and also loved your scarf box. Mine are a horrible mess. :( This must be sorted before winter otherwise its going to be chaos! lol :) xxx
Sima said…
This post could not come a better time for me, because I really need to organise my jewelry better. I love the idea for using the glass for earrings. I am going to try it out today. You are a lifesafer :-).
Jewelry is a bit of a challange to keep organised without looking cluttered, but you done the opposite. This has so made my day. Thanks a bunch.
Muhsine Emin said…
aww thanks all so much for your wonderful encouraging comments, i'm so happy i can be of use :) i love to help people and make things a lil better.. xx

@cat yes im coming to the body shop event, will be there in the morning, the venue is amazing i've been there once before. xx

@sima i'm so happy it was good timing :)
Steph said…
I love the jar and the earrings idea. These were soo helpful! Currently mine are hanging from a memo board with ribbon across but I tend to find it difficult to get a hold off since it has to lean on the wall behind my dresser. Thanks for the tips!
Anonymous said…
great storage ideas. i am going to have to give some of these fabulous tricks a try-especially the ring storage.
xoxo
Jo said…
I store my dangly earrings on my bedside lamp like yours on the glass, it makes pretty colours around the room when it is lit!

xx
Av said…
Some great storage ideas there! Thanks for sharing your tips!!
Gillian said…
youre so organised!
great post x
Maria Kally said…
Loved the ideas, thank u! :)
Muhsine Emin said…
your all v welcome :) xx
Anonymous said…
This was a very helpful post-thank you! I love the idea of hanging the earrings around a cup, i never would have thought of that. I just wish there was a muji where i lived!
Anonymous said…
I like the necklace idea with the hooks cos then u can see them all clearly and the chains dont get tangled. my necklaces are all over my room. So's my make up actually. its so darn annoying.
xxxxx
Anonymous said…
Fab, fab post. My jewellery gets cluttered all over the place, or the pieces get all tangled up with each other. These are v practical, doable solutions.
Ps. Your jewellery collection is GORGE! :)
Anonymous said…
thank you so much for the ideas!
Doma-Nikki said…
Brill ideas :o)

Me and the mother also use our door hooks for our necklaces too!! Another good storage idea is a wooden loo roll stand for bracelets! x
Unknown said…
Great ideas! I especially like the options for scarf storage. They always get buried in the bottom of a drawer or closet therefore I can't find them when I actually need them!
cocobella21 said…
You have amazing jewelry & accessories! Great post :) x
Cher said…
Thanks for all the great ideas!
Always looking for ways to organize my room. Great jewelry btw
Anonymous said…
This definitely gave me ideas. Great ideas and storage! :)
Sima said…
I was wondering about the way you store your scarves. I know if I pulled one out it will mess up the other scarves. Do you put cardboard inbetween the scarves?

Looks like I may have to make a trip to IKEA for hooks and containers. I really like the one you used for the handbags. I use a fabric container for my handbags. Its bright pink, I like yours better.
Cupcake Couture said…
Great tips!! I like the idea of hanging necklaces from a peg board.. I didn't think of that... thanks!
Rachel said…
I nominated you for an award on my blog! x
Unknown said…
Awesome post :)

I like seeing storage ideas...

I find it easy enough to store my makeup but jewelry is one thing I can never seem to organise. I HATE my necklaces tangling together so much!

Will have to look out for the hooks to put on the inside of my wardrobe door, that's a great idea! When I had a massive corkboard at uni I would hang them on there using coloured drawing pins :)
Anonymous said…
great ideas
Muhsine Emin said…
ooooo i'm so glad u all like the ideas :)

@Sima no it's fine, I don't have any dividers between them, try it - u'll be amazed at how easy it is :)

xx
glam i am said…
you have so many pretty accessories! I would organize them like this if I had as many as you :)
Anna Saccone said…
Ohmigod Muhsine this puts my organisation video to shame!!!! You are SUPER organised, I love all of your ideas!! :) xoxo Anna
Best blog post ever. I need to sort my room out as the man in my life is starting to moan. I hang my necklaces on a statue thingy and it takes me ages to get them off. I love your hook idea but my cupboard doors are sliding.

I might just get that box from Muji and put them in individual boxes.

xxx
Muhsine Emin said…
Thanks :)

@Anna dont be silly lol :) xx

@Rhamnousia muji has fantastic stuff, those divider boxes are amazing!

x
Anonymous said…
Heyyyy!I am from India and I love your blog :)

Thanks a ton for that tip about storing earrings by hanging them on the edge of a cup or vase.I have exactly the same glass vessel and I have don all my earrings on them neatly displayed on my table!!
It looks so cute :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@Pg yay :) that's great news, your welcome!
Anonymous said…
haha so cool i love the idea of mug for earrings thanks for sharing . i love your accessories you are so stylish
Anonymous said…
I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!


my weblog - explorethecapabilities.com
Anonymous said…
Yes! Finally someone writes about dishevelled.

My blog post Abercrombie and Fitch

Popular Posts