REVIEW - Body Shop: Camomile gentle eye make-up remover!

This product has a great consistency - it's water based and not oily. It actually gently removes the eye make up quickly and effectively. I really liked it at first.. but I'm sorry guys it's not suitable for people with sensitive eyes. I used it the first time on the day of the beauty bloggers event and even that day my eyes were hurting really badly.
I then tried it again a couple of days later trying to convince myself that it wasn't this.. I used it one more time and I had the same reaction.

After I had removed the make up my eyes were swollen like a balloon and took ages to go down! They were SO itchy and stinging like mad.

I don't know if it's just me, as alot of the other girls seem to find this product to be great!

Keep in mind however I have been removing my eye make up with my own mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 olive oil. So, maybe my eyes have got used to this and will not accept any other.

However, I did test out a loreal eye make up remover for sensitive eyes and it seems to be fine.

Has anybody else had the same problem?

Sorry Body shop but this product hasn't worked for me, maybe you could introduce something for extremely sensitive eyes?

Comments

Clara said…
that's such a shame you can't use this as it works so well. I find this really gentle, doesn't sting at all but I dont have sensitive skin! X
Muhsine Emin said…
yeah, its horrible being sensitive to almost EVERYTHING! :( i really wanted to love it! x
Tali said…
I was going to get this.. by some miracle i forgot it when I got my haul a few days ago!

Im also supersensitive like you.. so im going to give it a total miss.

Can you suggest any eyemake up removers that are natural and non oily?
Tali said…
ps. Now im dying to try out Neils Yard products because of you!

There was a trend a while back to put hemarroid cream on your eyes to de-puff them and i did this. That was my only ever Neils Yard product..hehe.. it worked in my face so im sure it works in ahem.. other places!

x
Muhsine Emin said…
@Tali you should try the homemade mixture.. I find that to be soothing. get an empty bottle fill it up with 3/4 of water and 1/4 of olive oil. shake before every use. It's also very effective. you cant go wrong with just trying it :) im glad ur getting into neals yard, its an excellent range! Im still loving my jasmine enriching cream :) xx
Tali said…
Ill deffinately try that out. Im all for homemade recipes.. they tend to be the most effective. If it worked for our grandmums it can work for us!
x
deannamargaret said…
Guess it's out for me too -- I'm sooo sensitive. My HG eye makeup remover is Lancome Bifacil. I've used it for years!
SO sorry it didn't work.. I am also sensitive to almost everything unfortunately.. but I use your homemade recipie :D and it works.. also what I liked was from clinique eye remover :D
xxxxxxxxxx
Anonymous said…
Hi i was wondering do you have facebook?
I have used this product for years and love it, such a shame you can't use it.
Holly said…
I love this on my good days but when my eyes are sensitive which they often are this stings!!!owww!but it is good though, removes all the mascara!xx
Yelena said…
Oh no! I'm so sorry that you reacted badly to that product. I've never tried, in fact I haven't used an actual make up remover solution in soo long because I love love love the MAC wipes. I think I have sensitive eyes because some eyeshadows/mascaras make them blow up, and the wipes feel perfect on my eyes and face. Have you ever tried it?
Muhsine Emin said…
Thanks girls for commenting and leaving me your views, I think I will stick to my homemade recipe :)

@Yelena I have never tried the mac wipes, but I have used other brands and they work great - good for on the go! x
Sophia said…
Hi Muhsine,

The exact same thing happened to me with this product. I didn't think my eyes were that sensitive but they were literally stinging after I used this! I'm reverting back to my 'Simple' one instead.

Style by Sophia
http://sophias-style.blogspot.com/
xo

Popular Posts