Can I really give up Neal's Yard?

Unfortunately all my gorgeous Neal's Yard skincare has finished and I haven't stocked up as I have my bodyshop skincare just prancing around.

I actually used the Body Shop Vitamin E range for about 3 years and was VERY happy with it but decided to stop using it a) because they discontinued the extra moisturising cream and b) because my skin got so used to it that it did nothing! I have been very scared to introduce something new to my skin as within the past year I have tried every single skin care brand you can think of and Neal's Yard has been the ONLY thing that has worked. I have introduced the body shop products slowly combining it with my Neal's Yard so that my skin doesn't get a shock. However, now I'm completely out of Neal's Yard :( and have to only use the Body shop products.

I have to say I'm not entirely happy with the routine as already my skin has broken out, it's horrible. I have little bumps everywhere which are really pissing me off. I ran out of my Neal's Yard orange flower water about a month ago and my skin broke out again, something in that water that my skin just LOVES! The Neal's Yard cream was very healing and if I did break out all redness would dissapear within a few days.

PLAN: Use the Body Shop skin care for another two weeks, as it takes at least 2 weeks for your skin to get used to a new routine, and if all else fails... back to my Neal's Yard. I feel realy sorry for my skin having to "experiment" with a new routine as it just found something that it liked. Sorry Skin :(

Comments

MB said…
Awww! It's a nightmare! I fully understand. My skin has been really pants at the moment...I blame my Diet Coke habit and no water being in my diet....Poor skin indeed!

It's a working progress!
Muhsine Emin said…
@Marie Ahhh..it's just crap :( because your skin is SO important, my skin used to be and sometimes still is great but it's just SO sensitive it pisses me right off!!
You gotta give up the diet coke doll :)
AllThingsGirly said…
It so isn't that bad honey it is nothing compared to how bad my skin is and i haven't found anything worked untill i tried sudocreme which helped to tone down the redness and size but not take them away completly. I am destined to bad skin & i think you have amazing skin in pictures i have seen X
Unknown said…
When I was 19, 20 years old, I tried Body shop. Was a terrible experience, really bad one. When I saw you girls rave about all the stuff… I thought maybe I’m wrong, maybe they are better now. Being honest, I don’t believe that. Today I went to one body shop after several years, and left the shop without nothing. I looked for Yes Yes Yes and didn’t impress me too. Maybe I’m wrong, but for the money I think there are better things.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said…
Just been looking at Neals Yard products online and they look amazing, I think I would like to try them. Do you get them in Boots? I know on thursday they are having a open day in Leeds so wouldnt mind going to that.
Alexandra said…
I really LOVE my cetaphil daily cleanser..it's pretty cheap and the UK just got it! .....Sorry about your skin. :(
Jo said…
My skin hates the current body shop ranges, back in the day when the body shop first opened (yes, I'm THAT old!)they had such lovely natural products and my skin loved it but they've gone so generic and so far from the original that to me you may as well buy something from the supermarket now :-( Anita would be turning in her grave! x
*~mad munky~* said…
I'd love to try some Neil's Yard products...i did once get a night cream but it was too rich...I love the sound of the orange flower water :o)
Ondine said…
I feel your pain - I hate going into the unknown where looking after my skin is concerned. I have super sensitive skin that's easily antagonised, and the ONLY brand other than Neal's Yard it seems to like is Liz Earle so I just stick to those two brands religiously now. And my skin thanks me for it!
Muhsine Emin said…
Ondine, those are two great brands based on natural ing! theres no point in trying to fix something that isn't broken.. I don't know what I was thinking trying a new regime :)

Popular Posts