Let's talk about The Body Shop!

A few beauty bloggers including myself have been invited to a beauty bloggers event in London to discuss and learn about products from the Body Shop on the 2nd of April. I already own several products from the brand which I absolutely love! My favourite product is the Mango Body Butter!

Just to let you know that I will be attending the afternoon session. It will be lovely to meet fellow bloggers :)

I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my views on a few products that I own from them. The brand is ANTI animal testing by the way!

Me and my husband absolutely love these home fragrance oils, you know your in the body shop when you smell beautiful fruity floral scents! We currently have Satsuma and White Petals.
The oil burner is also from the bodyshop.

On to the make up!!!! I must admit, I'm not a major fan of their make up, as the price range is comparable to Mac.. However I do enjoy certain products and feel they need a mention as they are gorgeous! :) Girls! Also keep an eye out for their sales as they change their packaging frequently and mark down products. Yay! :)
On the left we have Hi-Shine lip treatment - unsure of colour as it was a sample in a free gift set that you get when you spend over £25!
On the right we have a cream bronzing stick in shade 01. (I got this AGES ago, I know you should chuck make up out after a certain time, but this is fine, smells good, looks good.. it's fine and I LOVE IT!

Swatches below!


The lip gloss is very lovely, it has a beautiful fruity smell which just makes me want to eat my lips :) it goes on smoothly.. however is a bit sticky!
The bronzing cream stick is similar to the Nars multiple in South beach.

Swatches below. On the top: Body Shop and on the bottom: Nars.
I love both of them, but the body shop bronzing cream stick actually has better colour payoff, has a thicker consistency so you use less and is much cheaper!
It looks so pretty when it's blended out, see swatch below..
Note to the body shop: Please bring this cream bronzing stick back so I can buy more :) I know that you have got a special edition Rose Flower Radiance Stick which looks lovely, but more colour choices PLEASE!
I also used to use the illuminating face lotion.. I think that's what it was called. It was a GORGEOUS primer, kind of similar to strobe cream by Mac. I remember it went on sale becuase of the change of packaging and I got like 5!

Comments

Natalia said…
I agree they make some lovely bath/body/home products including rich body butters. As for the make-up though, I always thought it was a bit over-priced for what it was(Sometimes more expensive than MAC). I haven't bought anything from there in years. The products you show look good though so maybe I'll reconsider. x
Jenny9119999 said…
I keep my make up for ages too. If it looks and smells fine then I'll use it. I think the whole use by thing is just a clever tactic to get us to spend more money (including food products). I love the Body Shop stuff. My faveourite thing has to be their body butters. They had a limited edition one which I adored but now it's all used up.
Muhsine Emin said…
@I would go out tonight but I feel exactly the same, yes sometimes it's more expensive than Mac, which I don't get! I have to say I'm not that big on their make up either, I prefer the body/bath products. The bronzing stick is amazing, but discontinued!!! booooo :(
Muhsine Emin said…
@Jenny.. it is def a tactic :) x
Natalia said…
Why do they discontinue good stuff?! Last week I was in there and they had some relatively new mineral powders. I was impressed with the feel of their mineral kabuki brush it was so soft and tightly packed. I still didn't buy it though because I thought it was a bit risky!
makeupmadb said…
I have the bronzing stick and also love it! I don't want to throw it away - it works, looks & smells fine. In fact, I think it smells gorgeous! I love the scents of body shop bath/body products. I really should try the body butters though!
Muhsine Emin said…
@I would go out tonight but... I knowww, I hate it when they get discontinued. I will tell them that on the day :) I havent examined the kabuki brush, I will check it out.. I know what u mean about "risk it" hmmm. x
Muhsine Emin said…
@makeupmadb yeyy :) found someone who has the same product! U should def try the body butters.. I would rec the mango one if ur skin is dry. x
fantastic said…
mango is my fave body butter too! the body shop was my very first job back in high school (ah, the memories), and i remember the packaging from all the way back then :) the nut butter is my second fave..

okay, and the oils. i like your oil hanger!

i feel as though they discontinue the good stuff too--one of them was a mango peach lotion + shower gel.

have fun at the event!
makeupmadb said…
Thanks, I'll have to try that - I bet it smells gorgeous! I know, I couldn't believe it when I saw your post including it! I think I must've got it in a 'bargain box' a while ago. I haven't tried any other Body Shop makeup products though.
Laura said…
Wish I was coming, but I promised my Mum a day out, and really want to take her...oh well, I'm sure there will be another time :) x x x
Muhsine Emin said…
@laura :( xx another time hopefully xx
Shortiee31 said…
Their eyeshadows are amazing! Highly pigmented - good stuff! Love their stuff - Hope you have plenty of fun! Wish I could go.. :( x
XRocksmama said…
I love their body butter too. The bronzing stick looks so pretty! wish I can get my hands on those...

Popular Posts