Inspiration - Blue Smoke

I saw this in Cosmopolitan (UK issue March 2009) and couldn't resist sharing it with you, I love her eye make up.. the mixture of deep purple, navy blue and turquoise just looks gorgeous! Paired with matt lips and slight bronzing I can't get enough of it, I will def be replicating this one day.
Page 161. This months issue has loads of tips on skin care, make up and lots of fashion advice. It has been a good read :)



How I would replicate this look using eyeshadows from the Urban Decay book of shadows and a few other essentials:

  • First I would apply a dark cream base, my choice would be Benefit Strut.
  • I would apply Mayhem (a blue tone purple) all over the lid and bring it into the crease.
  • I would apply fluidline black track on the upper and lower lash line and really smudge it in.
  • Also apply blacktrack to water line.
  • I would add Goddess (navy)on the outer corners of the eye lid.
  • I would then use Shattered (turquoise)and add to the centre of my eyelid for a pop of colour.

On my face I would just apply Nars Laguna bronzer over my foundation. I would line my lips in the same colour as my lips and just a tad of concealer. Voila :)

Comments

makeupmadb said…
I saw this look, it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing how you would replicate it, really helpful :)
Muhsine Emin said…
i think im going to try and do this tomorrow, it will match my dover st market nails :)

Popular Posts