Garnier Summer - Gradual Tanning

I used to go to the sunbed quite alot, but have stopped going completely. I stopped for about 2 years then went a few times before the wedding as I needed the colour. However, I don't think I will ever go again. I still have mintues left from last year and live across the road from the tanning shop, it's very tempting but I will stay strong and not go!!!! Don't go ladies, not only will it cause premature aging, it can also cause skin cancer.

I thought it would be appropriate for me to share what form of tanning I use since I am extremely happy with the results. I have been using the Garnier summer body and face range for about 2 years now. It gives a natural looking result that is builable, it is available in light sun kissed and deep sun kissed. It doesn't smell awful like most tanning products, it is actually quite pleasent, it reminds me and my husband of "pancakes" yes pancakes.. there is a scent but it's not that strong. I use after exfoliating and creaming dry areas. I use it about once or twice a week all over my body. It keeps me moisturised and glowing at an affordable price! I use the cream formula where I use my hands to apply, I used to use the spray bottle but to be honest it takes longer to apply, the floor gets wet and you are not quite sure if you have applied everywhere plus the colour is not as intense.


I also use the summer face about once or twice a week too, it doesn't break me out and is a very light and moisturising cream overall. I can't use every moisturiser as my skin is super dry and sensitive, this works for me!


I also use St Tropez now and again, but to be honest it's such a mission to apply and actually quite messy. I'd use the garnier one any day, it doesn't streak, smell bad or cost alot of money. So.. if you're thinking you need a glow, why not opt for something that doesn't break the bank? Let me know your thoughts on this if you already use it, and please feel free to advise me on new or similar products.

Comments

makeupmadb said…
I have both of these and I find they work really well. I should start using them more consistently, as that obviously works better. I think they are very good products and I am definitely going to use them more often now to prep myself for summer!
Zoella. said…
Oo looks good, I'm always looking for new fake tan. :)
Alexandra said…
I use St. Tropez and love it, but you're right it is very messy...I'll def. try this out, I love pancakes so I should be pretty happy using this lol
Muhsine Emin said…
Yay! Glad to have given some good advice, let me know what u think about it when u try it. :) x
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you posted this!! I use to tan, but always covered my face, just because I didn't want freckles to come out. I wasn't even thinking of the damage down the road. Now as I near 40, I see a total difference in my skin as compared to my friends. I look way younger (not to brag, but it is only because I didn't tan.) I stopped completely tanning my whole body about 5 years ago and just airbrush. I see so many women that look gorgeous from far away, stylish hair and clothes and great figure, but then up close, you see so much sun damage and wrinkles, that they look so aged and dated. This is great advice and i think i will follow suit and post on my blog as well. Thanks for keeping everyone beautiful. I love your blog, by the way :o) You are stunning!
Muhsine Emin said…
@luvlee well done to you! My mums 42 and she looks about 32! She protected herself as will I, hope it's not too late! I'm glad I've posted something productive! It's not just about the make up it's about preparing your face for what's to come. And thank u for the compliment. X
Anonymous said…
Garnier Summerface is THE only facial tanning cream that doesn't cause me to break out in spots :D

I heart Garnier Summerface!!!

I've also ditched the sunbeds...really not worth it IMO!!! And a good excuse to try loads of new gradual tanning creams & fake tans :D
Kelly said…
ooh i will have to try this one :) I recently did a post about stopping using the sunbeds too and im interested in trying out new fake tans :) I have been using the Dove Gradual Tanner for the last week and thats quite good! When i run out i will buy some of this one and give it a go :D xoxox
Muhsine Emin said…
Yay! No to sunbeds, yes to gradual tanners! this one is fantastic, def try it!
Anonymous said…
I use the garnier and dove ones, I swap the dove one for me is alot more intense but works.
Melissa said…
I use the St. Tropez but it's it is quite expensive compared to the Garnier. I would LOVE to try the Garnier. You have a gorgeous glow! However, I've never seen it on the shelves here in Canada. Does anyone know if it is available here? Thanks :)
Adele said…
I love this fake tan it doesn't break the bank and its good for a subtle glow, and i am also a recent convert of st moriz!! love your blog
Anonymous said…
Hi, I absolutely Love Garnier Summer as it is super easy to use and moisturises at the same time :)
Unknown said…
Very very useful informations i've got here...thanks a lot.
Airbrush Tan NYC

Popular Posts