Olive oil & its uses!

Olive oil is one of the most nourishing oils, it can be used in so many different ways for different purposes.
I use it on my hair, body and eyes. Keep reading on to find out how.


Olive oil for the hair:
Get an empty spritzer bottle and fill 3/4 of the way with olive oil. Then add a quite a few drops of avocado oil and almond oil until the bottle is full and shake well before use. How do I use it? I pump a few drops of the mixture to the ends of my hair each night and comb through, if i'm feeling upto it I will also give myself a scalp massage.
Olive oil for the body:
I use the same mixture that I use for my hair and rub it into any dry areas such as, elbows & knees.
Olive oil for the Eyes: (As eye make up remover & lash growth product)
Get an empty bottle and fill it up 1/4 of the way with olive oil and 3/4 filtered mineral water, shake before use. This removes all of my eye make up very effectively, I have tried so many different branded products and some are way too harsh on my eyes. I actually like the MAC one but it can get a little expensive as I go through them very very quickly.
I then wash my face with a nice cleanser which removes all the oily residue, however the residue is actually beneficial as it helps eyelash growth. Dabbing a little olive oil to the eyelashes each night can really help.
You could even add a little to your facial moisturiser for the nightime as this will really penetrate the skin, however, I use rosehip seed oil by Neals Yard which is gorgeous. Finally, I only ever use olive oil for cooking :) A quick tip: Add some finely chopped dried red peppers, lemon juice, dried thyme, black pepper corns and a tiny pinch of salt to a bowl of olive oil and enjoy a scrumptious dipping sauce for your bread.
I hope that you girls try this out and make use of the wonderful olive oil.. let me know if you have any other ways of using it.

Comments

Muhsine Emin said…
I think I fixed my comment settings!
mk said…
I love olive oil for hair!!! I use it too. I combine with rosemary...and do a mask every month or so. Check out my blog, theres a very easy recipe on there for an olive oil rosemary mask :) I've never used it on my eyes though!
Anonymous said…
i love olive oil for my hair, i also use it on dry spots on my skin at times.
ellamarie84 said…
I love your blog! I've heard about olive oil as an eye makeup remover, but not your genius way! I'll have to try it, thanks for the tips!
EmmaDee said…
hey!! elle (allthatglitters21) did a video some time ago using olive oil as part of a lip scrub... i tried it and it works AMAZING...my lips were SO soft and smooth...i couldnt stop touching them!!

all you need is one spoon of sugar brown or white...and olive oil mixed together to make a paste...put on lips leave for about 15mins n then wash off...prepare to be amazed!! xo

Popular Posts