Xen Tan - Deep Bronze Luxe Review

Xen tan is one of the most talked about tanning brands, with so many recommendations I had to try... It's the logical thing to do :), so I purchased some last month and have been experimenting.

Xen Tan's Luxe formula claims to deliver an ultra sheer instant colour and the fresh scent of vanilla whilst releasing an extra intense boost of deep olive colour meaning you can tan during the day and look great as soon as you apply… and it lasts up to 7 days.


Here's what I have to say:

  • COLOUR - It doesn't deliver an instant tint, the colour blends out to nothing which doesn't alter my complexion. It takes about 1-2 hours for me to notice a natural looking olive tan, not even the slightest hint of orange.
  • SCENT - It smells like vanilla on application, then the scent disappears and once the tan has developed it has the horrid fake tan smell.
  • APPLICATION - When applying with my hands, I have to wash them after each body part as the colour stains my hands, using a tanning mitt is the best option which works well. Drying time is a few minutes as the product sinks right in leaving no sticky or oily residue.
  • PERFORMANCE - It lasts about 4-5 days and I have never had it going streaky on me, it does go ever so slightly patchy at the end but not as bad as other tanning options I have tried. Reapplying once a week with regular exfoliating will keep you tanned for as long as you want.




Overall I love the initial vanilla scent, but hate that it disappears.. I really wish that it still smelt like that even after the tan had developed. The best smelling fake tan I have used has to be the Garnier gradual spray tan. I do however LOVE the colour that 'Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe' gives, it looks SO natural as it has olive undertones, see picture below in direct sunlight. It just looks like a better version of my natural complexion. I use this one on my face as well as my body.



Price: £20.95 at Beauty Bay RRP £25.95 (236ml) check Xen Tan for more information.

Would I recommend? Yes, but I'm not sure it lives up to the hype. I do like it, I probably will repurchase, I certainly prefer it to St Tropez. I also ordered the Xen Tan Mist Intense at the same time which I haven't tried yet, so I will see how that goes. But, overall I am happy.

Have you tried Xen Tan?

Comments

Sam said…
Your skin looks gorgeous!! Wonder if it works on lighter skin with yellow undertones, too...
Muhsine Emin said…
@Sam it will, there's a few different varieties they have, if you check the website I'm sure you will see something - when I looked I wanted EVERYTHING so you have been warned :) x
Muhsine Emin said…
@Sam Thank you for your sweet comment about my skin btw. x
Kim said…
Do you know if they sell this anywhere else? like online or something? I can only find St. Moriz, but not Xen Tan :( I really want to try this and I cant find this product anywhere in Canada.
Devea said…
It looks so gorgeous!Gives you this beautiful sun kissed glow! You have convinced my to try this out. :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@kim I really don't know, I'm sure you can get it online, google should be able to help? I'm not sure if the UK sites ship internatioal :/ xxx
Sam said…
hey gorgeous, thank you for your kind advice and warning - i will try to enter the web page with one eye closed, hope that'll help ;)
i am so light this summer compared to everyone else, i can't stand it anymore!
ellamarie84 said…
now after seeing your review and also lollipop26's, I'm really curious about this stuff! Heard a lot about it but want to try it for myself..the color of it looks great! No orange whatsoever. Too bad it still has the biscuit smell after the vanilla fades :(
Schnelle said…
great review. i am really liking Sublime Bronze right now but I am always open to trying new things. This might work well for me because I have an olive skin tone to begin with. i'm going to give it a try.

p.s your skin is flawless!
Anonymous said…
hum.. maybe i'll give it a try
Thanks for the review!You look gorgeous and so natural!:)
BeautyLoves said…
Thanks for this review! I've been trying all sorts of self tanners lately, but I haven't found the right one yet.
It looks gorgeous on you!
Lived With Love said…
I havent tried zen tan as i am soo pale and worry this one is extremely dark! Looks good on you though, i wish i had naturally olive skin!
Unknown said…
Looks totally natural on you, I do agree witht he smell how can they say it has no 'fake tan smell' of course it does just masked with vanilla lol!
Anonymous said…
You just look stunning as usual.
The tan, that make up look and the hair colour really suit you!
I'm sure Peanut is so proud of having a gorgeous momma and he shows off in the park :-P
XXX
http://mspurplemakeup.blogspot.com/
I absolutely love this stuff - It gives me such a lovely natural looking tan! x
Style Souk said…
This looks beautiful on you.

I am wedded to my Rodial - the best I have tried from seemingly millions of tanning products - but your review (and Lollipop 26's) is tempting me to commit adultery. :0)

Sarah x

STYLE SOUK - Fashion and Beauty Blog
Dandelion said…
i also just watch laura's video, now i think maybe i should try xan tan, i love beeing tanned but ive been to afraid to use something else than a gradual selftanner, but i would like to see more dramatic results, oh well oh well
Sana said…
OMG Lollipop26 (Laura) did a review on this as well It must be good. I'll give it a whirl and let you know.
luv2smilexo said…
I havent tried xen tan but I would love to know why you prefer it over san tropez since that one seems to have quite a following!
Unknown said…
love the colour of your hair in this pic, what dye did you use hun x

Popular Posts