My "Fake" Tan

What tanning product do I use? I have blogged about it in a previous post, but never really mentioned the spray mist. The Garnier summer body moisturising spray mist has been a favourite of mine for the past couple of years. I have probably gone through over a 150 bottles of this stuff, my husband has also become a convert - I have saved him and myself from the disastrous effects of the sunbed.


Unlike many other tanning products, this product actually smells nice even on the next day. I hate that disgusting fake tan smell and would rather be pale than frankly stink. Trust me, I have tried them ALL, and this is amazing and I haven't come accross a dupe for it.

The spray is available in two shades, light sunkissed and deep sunkissed, I use the deep sunkissed as I have naturally olive skin and tan really easily. The colour it gives is definately NOT orange but more of a natural tan.

Also, another benefit of this is the fact that it's a spray. It distributes an even amount of product that doesn't need to be blended in. I usually apply this to my face and body at nightime - roughly 2 times a week, allowing about 5 minutes for the product to sink in before I get dressed.

Furthermore, it's not as expensive as other tanning products, which is a big bonus indeed.

Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds like this could be a winner, I too HATE the smell of fake tan and would rather be pale and pasty but I might give this a try. Thanks for blogging about it! :) x
Anonymous said…
this is actually one my favourites aswell..i love it. and theres never nothing wrong with having that bronze sun-kissed look.
missmascara1983 said…
will have to try this then I have really given up on tanning products as i find them all rubbish!!
No One said…
I think i might give it a try! the other products i use have a really funky smell after applied which demands applying it at night time but then after 3 days i have to change the sheets! thanks for blogging about this product!
Anonymous said…
I bought the Body Shop one today but am hoping to try this one next. the girl in the body shop said the garnier one was good funnily enough
xx
jobetterdays said…
I think this might be the next product I try! I have been using Johnsons holiday skin and I have to say I am not all that impressed! x
Dye-A-Graham said…
You should do a before and after pick to show us how well it works!
Muhsine Emin said…
@dyeagraham hah I should but I never let myself get that pale, but I will do good idea! :)
Carlito86 said…
I have used so many over the years and my favourites are Dove (the tanning moisturising one) on a daily basis/every other day and then if I'm going out or want a bit more I use Rimmel Sexy Legs. The Dove though, I can't recommend this enough!
Muhsine Emin said…
@girlwiththegoldentouch this is quite similar to doves formula. but this is a spray bottle, i love the spray idea :)
I used to have this and applied it after the gym. The problem was that the spray bottle worked only if I held it upright, which isn't always possible when you try to spray the back of your legs, for example.
Muhsine Emin said…
@rocaille u gotta get ur partners help :) me and my Hubby spray eachother!
Karen said…
i'm giving this a try!!
ive tried a few self-tanners and they didn't even work & just smelled horrible.

i was wondering how much this product and is and if you can get it at your local drug store?
ellamarie84 said…
I am always looking for good fake/self tan reccs, and this one sounds great! Thank you! <3333
Meagan said…
I was so excited to hear about your tanning product!! I am trying to find it here in the US and its not available! :( Do you know where I could possible order it or find it online?
Jenny9119999 said…
I have nominated you for the adorable blog award. Check out my blog for details!!
dressjunkie said…
I use the normal aerosol in this range a lot, I agree the colour it gives is lovely. Can't believe your husband tans :)
Unknown said…
Please try Au Courant. I haven't found anything to come close to it although it is expensive at about 30.00 per bottle!
Unknown said…
I would recommend that you try Au Courant. While it is pricey at about 30.00 per bottle, I haven't found anything to come close. It's so natural looking and no smell. I like the mouse.

Popular Posts