Mermaid Hair!

I dyed my hair last night thinking I wanted a change, and a change it is. I now have deep red hair and am officially a redhead. Red has always been a colour I have steered away from and generally disliked, but all of a sudden I love and and feel like it's my colour. I feel like it matches my skin tone and features and really brings out my eyes, why the crap didn't I try this shade before? My mum said my hair was an aubergine colour and that's exactly right.

I did a DIY box job myself at home and used the shade 'deep red' by Garnier Nutrisse, see my twit-pic HERE to see the box. It was a mousse hair dye that delivered completely even results, I applied the whole thing to my hair combing through each section and left to develop for 30mins. My hair previously was a dark brown with a faded blonde ombre. With some hair dyes, I get lighter results on the roots of my hair due to its natural colour and darker towards the tips, but that thankfully didn't happen. I got 100% coverage and even colour! 




In the shade my hair looks almost black, a quite dark reddish brown but as soon as the light hits it the vividness and red tones shines through, it's not too dramatic which I love as I don't feel like I could have pulled it off comfortably.


I love how the red contrasts with my hazel eyes and makes them 'pop' so to speak, I feel like rich plum, coffee browns and golds will look amazing with this new hair colour. I actually can't wait to try some new looks! I'm actually a little obsessed with deep red right now... uh oh!


Until next time. xXx

Comments

Meya Cruz said…
It looks amazing on you♥
Love red!And it looks goreous on you dear! <3
coolcherry83 said…
that's a beautiful shade of red and it compliments your skin tone and eyes a lot, I had red hair long time back, but I find it to be very hard to maintain, specially when the colour fade, I advise you to buy the shampoo and/or conditioner for red hair to keep the colour vibrant,
Muhsine Emin said…
Thanks Meya & Irene :) xx

@coolcherry - yes I need some good shampoo & conditioner, I would hate it to fade! x
April said…
Looks lovely! Really suits you x

http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk
coolcherry83 said…
Try the Bumble & Bumble Colour Support Shampoo and Conditioner, Redken does a line of conditioner for coloured hair that actually have a hint of dye to keep you colour fresh
Schnelle said…
Your hair looks amazing! I've always strayed away from reds and feared pulling red when I color it (my hair pulls red easily) but lately I've found myself liking deep, dark red hues.
Muhsine Emin said…
@coolcherry will check it out!

@schnelle me too, I used to freak out when my hair pulled red with brown hair dye :) i think when it's supposed to be red it looks better :)

heavenrain said…
what's the lipliner you use? :)
joleisa said…
This is a very nice color, suits you well!

funkyjoleisa.blogspot.ru
Anonymous said…
Absolutely love it, it really suits you!! Xx
Unknown said…
You look great now! <3
Follow each other?
I'm a beginning fashion blogger check out my blog www.shawsy.blogspot.com
Muhsine Emin said…
@heavenrain I was wearing a l'oreal one called 'honey'
You look positively gorgeous and radiant! It really suits you!

Popular Posts