QVC Beauty Bash 2013...

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending not one but two events. This morning I'm blogging about the 'Beauty Bash' hosted by QVC where over 50 prestigious brands including Liz Earle, Ojon, Elemis, Decleor, Nails Inc, Benefit and many more were available to give treatments, advice and information of the latest beauty news!

QVC has a special place in my heart as I have shopped from there for years and I would review products on their website before I even started blogging!

 

Red Carpet Manicure - The 'At Home' Gel Manicure that lasts for weeks.

I was whisked off for a gel manicure by 'RCM' which offers salon quality gel manicures at home using LED light technology. Now, I have never had a gel manicure before so I'm excited and curious to be testing it out. The gel manicure claims to last 2-3 weeks which is amazing particularly if you are a busy mum or don't get around do painting your nails as often as you like. The 'At home' system means it's cheaper for your wallet and you save time by not going to the salon and reapplying as often as you would do a normal polish. It's also not damaging to the nails and once removed reveals completely healthy nails.

Oh and as an FYI, the owner (pictured bottom right) of Seche Vite the most amazing topcoat is also the owner of Red Carpet Manicure. So, you know this RCM system is TOP QUALITY!



The Red Carpet gel manicure and pedicure are applied in three simple steps: Preparation, Care & Colour and Finish. Read more HERE. Every coat is held under the LED light for 45 seconds which is automatically set which cures the nails for weeks. The trick is to apply very thin coats and build up the colour gradually.
Did you also know that you can still apply a layer of normal polish over the top and remove it with an acetone free remover and still keep the gel colour underneath? Very clever.
 
Here's me getting my nails done by the lovely Katy....


I opted for the shade 'Red Carpet Reddy' which is a classic red shade that I felt suited my freshly cut nails! I love the glossy finish and really hope it lasts as long as it claims which I'm almost certain it will, it has such a smoother and stronger finish than normal nail polish. I feel an addiction coming on! Can you imagine how long a gel pedicure would last? I want!

QVC recently had a TSV which sold out but there's an even better TSV set launching on Tuesday 19th February which is going to be amazing value - approx £60 for 3 polishes, LED light, preparation, care and removal products or if you can't wait check HERE for other deals available on QVC.


Thank you for a wonderful experience at everyone at RCM and QVC!

Benefit 'Fine one one'

I checked out the Benefit counter to feast my eyes on their latest product which sold out in 2 minutes on QVC. I say it's the must have Summer product for a glowing peachy cheek! It's a cream to powder finish colour trio which blends out beautifully and oh so easy to apply. I don't need to say much as the photos speak for themselves.


You can apply softly for a sheer finish or go as heavy as you like which makes it suitable for even deeper skin tones. The shade reminds me of 'Coralista' and has a glowy sheen finish without any glitter or shimmer, the consistency feels like velvet and is very light and natural looking. LOVE!


NAILS INC

They have some new feather polishes and bright summery shades to keep an eye out for!


We were given a fabulous goody bag and I ate that cupcake as soon as I got home with a cup of tea!

 
There were a few products that immediately caught my eye!

  • OPI - San Tan-Tonio This colour just reminds me of the beach! 
  • NAILS INC - Haymarket This colour is the Tiffany Blue, I put a Tiffany box next to it for colour reference. 
  • LAURA GELLER - Moonstone / Blue Heaven Baked Mineral E/S Gorgeous shade& pigmentation.  
  • YBF - Eyebrow Pencil This is amazing, I'm growing out my eyebrows and this is THE BEST eyebrow product I have tried. (I will be doing an eyebrow post soon.)




What's your opinion on gel nails and other products mentioned and do you shop from QVC?

Comments

Essjay23x said…
The Benefit product looks good for the spring and the profile pic to the side of you and Esra is adorable! :)
Alisha said…
I love the look of that Benefit product!! X
Vicky said…
Your gel nails look lovely! Can't wait to try Benefit Fine One One! Seems like an amazing event xx
Anonymous said…
Lovely post, wish i was there!
I love Nails Inc, as I find the polish goes on smooth and even, and easy to apply. I love the colour of the OPI one you have featured, great natural look.
I have yet to try gel nails, although, there is a gel effect nail varnish I have tried by Boujois, check it out :)

Emily xx
www.emilyjaynelewis.blogspot.co.uk
Sharon said…
Love ur nails&Ur goody bag has amazing things. Haven't shopped on qvc in a while
Supergirl said…
Those glittery nail polishes looks amazing!
Shana said…
the models own pastel polishes look lovely! xx
Shana said…
the models own pastel polishes look lovely! xx
Shana said…
the models own pastel polishes look lovely! xx
Anca said…
I love the shade of red you chose and that shine is amazing!!

Visit my blog, 101FashionStreet, where I have two giveaways going on:
A $80 Gift Voucher to MsDressy and a $100 Gift Voucher to ASOS.
Christina said…
I love the look of the benefit product! Looks amazing and could save me a lot of time in a morning haha!
Looks like a fun event :)

Christina from Passion Obsession x
Hiii, i'm a reader from Indonesia, i love your blog! I am addicted to gel manicures now, especially before travelling because then i'd be guaranteed to have pretty nails throughout my journey! My latest gel manicure lasted almost a month! I removed them a few days ago because my nails were getting so long and i simply needed to cut them (i'm not nto long nails, i tend to scratch myself with my own "claws" hehe)
I find gel nails amazing ! When you have kids and works to do is certain that a nail will eventually break.. Love the colour you picked honey!!
The eye shadow looks gorgeous! x
Anonymous said…
With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?

My blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd truly appreciate
it.

Here is my weblog: overnight reputation

Popular Posts