DIY - Customised Lip Colours!

I am forever organising my stash and always trying to minimise. Yesterday, I realised I had so many lipsticks I hardly used and decided I would mix and melt colours to make colours I love and would wear. This is basically taking the DIY lipstick palette one step further.

I made 3 colours and used acrylic round pots as my packaging. I will obviously need a lip brush to use them, or I can use them like lip balm.


  • The 1st shade I made were all Barry M lipsticks, I used a nude, a barbie pink, a lilac and a golden pink to make the beautiful pinky nude with lilac undertones.
  • The 2nd was mainly made up of Barry M's 54 Peach, which was a matte finish and very fluorescent, I added a milky pink, a pale brown, a bright coral and a nude with mainly luminous finishes, to achieve an amazing moisturising milky peachy orange.
  • The last one was made up of a bright pink with blue undertones and a coral colour to add warmth to it. It's very summery and would look great with a tan.


Next time, you think "I can't wear this colour", why not mix it up with other colours to create a colour you would!!!

How did I do it? I got a little metal pot, scooped in the lipsticks I wanted to transform. Put them on the hob to melt, gave them a good mix and poured them into the acrylic pots and left to dry for about 10mins.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Here's what my lipstick drawer looks like, I am so proud as I had triple this and managed to narrow it down to this. I have stacked a few things, but everything is accessible and visible. YES!!!! I did use the packaging of a Davidoff perfume bottle to store some lipsticks on the right! :)


How do you store your lipsticks?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I looove the colours you've made and your storage is really good! x
Lucy said…
What a good idea! Very organised with the drawer as well, mine just has everything chucked in there x
Εvi said…
He he, I too take advantage of old perfume boxes to store my makeup!
Muhsine Emin said…
@Alice & Lucy thanks girls, it's so much fun, you should try it too!

@cbsg5861 lol I even have the sticker on there, that's so crazy :)
Elli-Wilson said…
I have barry m 54
What lipsticks would u recomend to mix with that to make it not so pale and more orangey??
If you cld give me it in barrym that would be great
thank you xx
http://fashionbeautyteapartys.blogspot.com/
G.G.G said…
very creative method muhsine..

love it love it

btw, superb organising
Muhsine Emin said…
@Elli-Wilson if you mix it with 101 which is the nude, and maybe 147 peachy pink, that would look really pretty. xx
Elli-Wilson said…
Thank you ever so much :)

Luv your blogg :)
Computergirl said…
I have always wanted to melt the ends of lipsticks down, but I have just never got round to it or they have dired up before I have used them!

Great colours! Emma :)
Anonymous said…
Nice work, enjoyed this post
xoxox
M said…
this is so clever! i love the peachy shade x

msbeautyblog.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Like the pale pink shade - amazed how many lipsticks you have! Very impressed with the storage too - mines such a mess, need to sort it out!
Hollywood said…
You made some beautiful unique colors ! it's rare to see lipstick in jars that pigmented great Job Muhsine.
oh and I love how you store your makeu it's SO organized lol I am a bit envious of your collection =)
Anonymous said…
Nice colours! Bet you can look at the colours you're putting in and visualise more or less the colour you get. I'd visualise one of the pretty colours you created and probably end up with a gloopy mess and use up all my lipsticks trying to rectify it!
kellyyes said…
ooo! i love that pale nude pink color you made! very crafty :D
Anonymous said…
LOVE the colours you made. this is perfect <3
Lydia said…
Wow you are so creative missy! Such a good idea - I may have a go of it if I can gather enough unloved lippies!
Loving your lip product collection by the way - I spy some Benefit glosses - they are next on my 'to try' list! xox
LillianZahra said…
I love the lilac-y shade - so pretty! I'm jealous of your lipstick collection - so well organised too! x
Such a great idea!

I love how neat and organised you are - it's nice when people take care of their stuff - it means that they appreciate what they have, rather than just always being on the lookout to buy more and more :-)

It's a balance that I try to achieve...I'm pretty disciplined about only buying as much make-up as fits in my storage container - so I'm happy when I finish using something, as I can finally buy something new (and I have a LONG wishlist!)
The Sparkly Poo said…
I am actually so jealous!!! Your collection is amazing, and you are a truly amazing beauty blogger :) xxx
Texan after UAE said…
LOL your killing me. I can't buy anymore make-up, it's a promise i made myself. But, I love the colors!!! sooo nice!
India said…
That is such a clever idea! xx
Beautygirl24 said…
What a wonderful idea! I love the colors you customized.
Devea said…
Such a great idea!! I am going to try this out!
Natalya said…
Beautiful colours! As I said on Friday I would love for you to come and organise my overflowing stash! i think you have definitely found a gap in the market for interior storage solutions (that's the best job title I can come up with ;). xxx
I also love melting and mixing my lippy shades -its how Ive found some of my favorite shades, love the colours you made I can tell the hot pinks gonna look fab on you!
Muhsine Emin said…
Thanks for your comments girls, I'm glad you liked the post! xx

@Ellapretty we def have to take care of our stuff, thanks for the acknowledgement :) xx

@Natalya aww thanks hun :) that sounds like a hot title! X
Mariana said…
aww! that's such a great idea!
Anonymous said…
i love the pinky nude colour u made ,love it alot
xo mw
Ani said…
your new shades are really nice.. wanna try the technique.
well organised storage.
StuddedLilly said…
gorgeous colors! i actually like all 3 colors! i would so wear them, great for summer!

xxjess
Hinna said…
Lol, I use whatever boxes I can too to store things!
Anonymous said…
Looks awesome! I have some little pots like this that I created out of the lipsticks I don't use everyday. Great idea.

Popular Posts