Review - Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect Foundation!

Finally, my review on this foundation! Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation is an anti-fatigue foundation enriched with a high concentration of vitamins E, F, B5 and minerals. Claiming to give you a fresh complexion even if you haven't slept for 10 hours.

Believe it or not, this was the first ever foundation I tried about a year and a half ago and I actually went through quite a few bottles of it. I also wore it on my wedding day which says a lot. But, curiosity got the better of me and I started exploring as time went on.

This time when I repurchased recently I actually took my time in reading everything on the bottle, I discovered that it was OIL FREE which really brightened up my day.



The packaging is clean and simple with a pump applicator. The formula of this is very thin, it has a watery and creamy consistency.



BASICS: It has medium coverage feeling very light on the skin and dries to a dewy finish purely because of the consistency - it has no shimmer particles. However, after it sinks into your skin it's not as dewy, it looks more like skin. It evens out the skintone with a buildable coverage. When set with a powder, this foundation lasts the majority of the day on me. However, depending on primer, moisturiser and your skin type this will vary. It is no way a long lasting foundation like Revlon Colorstay.



How do I apply it? I use it a few different ways depending on how much time and coverage I want. I sometimes use my fingers, a Mac 187, Clinique foundation brush or my Everyday minerals flat top kabuki which gives me maximum coverage.

In the photo below I used the Mac 187 stippling brush. I then set it with a sheer powder. The flash interferes with the true finish and colour, but I thought it would be nice to include a photo regardless.



What do i think overall? I think that this is a great foundation to achieve a healthy and rested look, I notice the freshness and life to the skin once this is used. It is particularly perfect for the morning after which means this foundation actually delivers what it claims to do! I think it's also great for aging skin as it really helps to achieve a youthful look, My mum uses this and she loves it.

Would I recommend it? Yes if you want a dewy finish with medium coverage and a light texture. I would say avoid this if you are a fan of the super matte look or prefer a heavier coverage. Even though this is oil free, I wouldn't recommend it if you have really oily skin as it will probably slide off. (FYI: My skin type is currently Normal.)

There is a downside though, it is available in 6 shades and does not cater for the darker skin tones. (Bourjois take note and action.) I use '74 Beige' and '75 Apricote' depending on how tanned I am.

Price: £8.80 30ml

Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks amazing on you.
Even looks nice on the swatch.
good find
xoxox
jennie said…
I really love this foundation. Even though my skin isn't the best I find that it does a good job of covering while not being heavy. Love it!

Looks beautiful on you! xo
Muhsine Emin said…
@legseleven7 thanks hun :)

@Jennie thank you :) amd I totally agree it covers very well without being heavy.
sabrina said…
I used this the whole of summer 08 and loved it, I loved that you could get a lighter or heavier coverage with out looking caked, and the finish is amazing. Might need to go back to this... hmmmm... X
India said…
Thanks for the review. Will have a look out for this, but slightly worried about the six shades only..I have very pale skin xx
Seera said…
I love this foundation, I used to use it a year or two ago, its really great as I have dry skin and it doesn't look cakey on me as some can. Thanks for reminding me of it though as I will now be repurchasing! :) xxxx
Εvi said…
Hi Mushine!

I have a question, does this foundation contain any shimmer particles that result in this dewy finish or it's just a moisturizing formula?
Karleigh said…
you could spread your face in lard and still look beautiful =D

I tried this and it is NO WAY made for oily skin, slipped off in under an hour =( xxxx
Muhsine Emin said…
@Sabrina yes it's perfect for summer, it's crazy how we forget things we used to love.

@India oooo, you are welcome. Take ur regular foundation with you and compare swatches.

@Seera you are welcome, glad I could be of assistance.

@cbsg5861 aaah good question, there are no shimmer particles, it's just purely because of the consistency that it gives a dewy finish.
Muhsine Emin said…
@Noobarella LOL I don't think so somehow :)

Yes, even though it's oil free it's still perhaps too moisturising for oily skin.
I like the sound of a medium dewy foundation, hopefully can find a shade that suits. You look gorgeous as usual x
The Sparkly Poo said…
I've looked at this before and I think I may try it now :) xxx Thanks for always posting such amazingly illustrated reviewsb:) x
Muhsine Emin said…
@Peonies and water lilies thanks hun :)

@DangerouslyBeauty you are welcome, visuals are so important as they say much more than words :)
It looks amazing on you and I think the pump applicator is useful.Thanks for the review I'm going to try it on my skin too.
Unknown said…
Great review, might have swayed me on my next foundation.

X x
Tali said…
I used to use this LONG ago (or what seems like long ago) but the shades never properly matched me. Now that im a bit of a genius and realise yu can mix foundations i feel like giving it another go!! Just 5 bottles of other foundations to use up first :/ xx
fantastic said…
when i finish up a few more bottles of foundation, i'll definitely be checking into this one. the promise of a dewy finish is right up my alley :) x
Jen said…
This foundation looks so good - I'd never expect such a lovely finish from Bourjois. Good to hear great things about something you can pick up for less than a tenner :) x
Rosa Adores... said…
wow, this foundation look beautiful on your skin!
i love having a dewy look to the skin and this foundation looks like it definately achieves it!
x
Unknown said…
I bought this after you mentioned before that you wore it on your wedding day. I thought that what better example of how good you thought a foundation was but to wear it on your wedding day, and you were right, I love it! xx
Asiya said…
I like the idea of something that is medium coverage, and I have noticed in the past few posts where you've used it, I thought you weren't wearing any foundation. Exactly the kind of thing I go for in a foundation.

It's far too humid here for me to use this in the summer, but it seems like a good winter dry skin product. Yet another product to add to my UK shopping list. Where can I pick this up, next time I'm there?
I was very impressed with this but stopped using it for some reason,then I bought a bottle of it again cos I can't be bothered to try out endless foundations and I am wondering why I stopped now,I really like it and its cheap too.It gives a very natural look.
Lina said…
Apparently this is on offer in Superdrug and Boots right now so might pick one up - shade permitting. xx
Anonymous said…
Hi! I really love this foundation and I also use it as a concealer. Love your reviews :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@Tali wow good luck on using up your 5 :) X

@Fantastic I think you would love this! X

@Jo so glad you like it hun :)

@Aaina yes it doesn't look cakey like most foundations do, you can pick it up from Boots or Superdrug! x

@Ana My mum uses this daily as an undereye concealer, she wont let anything else near that area.
MMM said…
Ah yet another foundation that I can't use! haha Thanks for your e-note to Bourjois! I for one tend to limit/avoid brands that don't have my foundation colors.

I just recently stumbled upon your blog, I love it.
wendles80 said…
thanks for this reveiw. Its such a great procust with amazing coverage. Wait until you try the new Healthy Mix Foundation!...
Muhsine Emin said…
@wendles80 ooo healthy mix, I can't wait to try it, but will it live up to the standard of this one? :)
Noris said…
Hi, after reading your blog I definitely had to try this foundation, and I'm glad I did it!!! I got the 74 beige, and it looks great with a bit of powder over it. Thanks for the review! x
Muhsine Emin said…
@Noris I'm glad u like it :) x
Andee Layne said…
i def will give this one a try!!!
Ivy said…
this is my absolute favourite foundation!! <3 <3 i have two bottles and i mix my shades thouggh, but the dewy-ness is what i absolutely adore! the only bad thing is that its like $AUD30 a pop down here in australia...i need to find somewhere where i can stock up for cheaper... :P
Anonymous said…
It looks great on your skin must try it out although it's gone up to £9.94! Bloody VAT increase (N)

Also i was just wondering if you Turkish? I'm half cypriot and you look turkish so thought i'd ask. Take care!

Sheniz x
Unknown said…
well I just bought this foundation and I'm pretty happy with it. There's a no. of shades you can choose from but not such a big variety to suit different kinds of skins. This is more likely an oil free foundation which is great because it gives ur face a dewy natural skin. I got no. 73 Beige Clair which suits light-medium skin tone during summer. It's very hard to know what color suits you best but one tip to remember that you might or might need 2 different shades during summer and winter
Unknown said…
well I just bought this foundation and I'm pretty happy with it. There's a no. of shades you can choose from but not such a big variety to suit different kinds of skins. This is more likely an oil free foundation which is great because it gives ur face a dewy natural skin. I got no. 73 Beige Clair which suits light-medium skin tone during summer. It's very hard to know what color suits you best but one tip to remember that you might or might need 2 different shades during summer and winter

Popular Posts