Mac Concealer Rave!

Isn't it refreshing when you find something you love?

Mac - Studio finish concealer SPF 35 (Shade NC35)

I have been using this since mid December, I purchased this purely to cover up scars on my face.This concealer is amazing, by far the best I have ever tried. It gives a matte finish, amazing full coverage and is long lasting. It comes in a black flip lid pot, similar to an eyeshadow. It's quite thick in consistency but not 'cakey', but I imagine it would be if applied around the eyes. This concealer is best suited to the face in my opinion.


Below you can see the before and after photos that I took, I applied the studio finish concealer with my fingers, I just dabbed it in the pot and onto my face. I have not applied foundation, powder or blended it with a clean brush. It's just the concealer doing its work. The good thing is it still looks like this at the end of the day! The trick is to find your correct shade.



Next!

Mac Moisture cover concealer (Shade: NW30)

I have also been using this concealer since mid December. This was purchased for the eye area. The MA recommended I go for one shade lighter than my skin tone, but get 'W' instead of 'C'. (W is for warm undertones and C is for cool undertones.) She said, I would need the 'W' to counteract the blueness under my eyes. She was right.
It comes with a doe foot applicator and looks quite like a lipgloss in its tube. The consistency of this is very light, yet it still offers amazing coverage. This concealer did not settle into any fine lines or look cakey at all.


Here are my eyes bare.


I apply the doe foot applicator directly under my eyes in no particular way, I just swipe it on.



I then blend it in with a fluffy blending brush or dab it in with my ring finger and hooray I have 'natural' under eyes with no darkness!


I'm SO happy I found these two concealers, they are definitely 'HG' material. I am NEVER going to experiment with anything else. I would highly recommend them!

Both concealers are priced at £12.

Comments

First of all, wow at your eyeslashes! They are gorgeous!
I absolutely love studio finish concealer, its such good coverage!
Great post chick!
xox
stroma said…
i discovered your blog a little while ago and i love it! i have got the mac select cover up concealer and i find it a bit cakey but the studio finish concealer looks like a keeper, i'm going to purchase that as i've had breakups lately! thanks for this review!
http://www.twitter.com/aaadele
Muhsine Emin said…
@Stroma Thanks :) I have the select cover up too, but I have it in the wrong shade so I havent used it properly.
The second one looks fab for what I'm needing so thats a great recommendation thank you.
Zoella. said…
I love love love the moisture cover one..but the studio one HATES me. Everytime i use mine, to cover scarring or spots..it just clogs my pores & creates more. I've gone back to it over and over thinking maybe that wasnt it, but now i have come to the realisation it was lol. It looks fab on you though & glad it works for most people. :) xxx
Muhsine Emin said…
@Zoella ooo no! I suppose it depends on the skin type! xxx
MediterraneanX said…
I love my studio finish concealer. But I find it very cakey on any dry parts of my face no matter how much I moisturise!
Laura-PBN said…
I'm so glad you posted this. I'm coming to the end of my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer (which I hate by the way) and was looking for some recommendations. Thanks Muhsine! xx
Patricia said…
been using mositure cover for years and love it!
Hollywood said…
I have them BOTH in lighter shades lol but I agree they are great !!!! my fav is the Mac studio finish it's thick and the coverage is Amazing !

<3
Tali said…
I have the first one in nc20 and it is PERFECT on my nc25 skin! Im so impressed by the quality of it and unlike the foundations it never broke me out!!! xx
~Lisa said…
Wow!! I'm so impressed with the photos! Thanks so much, these are totally going into my makeup collection soon!
Unknown said…
Studio Finish was the first concealer I ever bought many moons ago. It's really good, I'm going to go back to it, I don't know why I didn't repurchase it. I wanted to buy Moisture Cover a few days ago and typically forgot when I was in the MAC store! Duh!
Anonymous said…
love the studio finish as well..excellent coverage
Unknown said…
They both look great on you! XO
CherriesinSyrup said…
Wow, the Mac studio finish concealer is definitely something out of this world, I doubt there is something that works this wonder out there. Perfect choice!!!
Stephanie said…
I bought the MAC studio fix concealer last week too and it really is AMAZING! I mostly use it for under my eyes and around my mouth
Vicky 25-36 said…
love using moisture cover with the 217 =) if you got the face & body you'd be fine with that & a bit of studio finish, would look flawless but so natural xx
I swear by the studio finish concealer! i just throw it on with mac mineralize skinfinish natural powder everyday and my skin looks flawless :) x
Unknown said…
I had the studio finish awhile back but was never wowed. I think I'll have to give it another try now!
fantastic said…
this is great news! i always worry about how my skin will react to MAC face products, because they tend to break me out within hours! thanks for the heads up! xx
Becky said…
I've been looking for a new concealer, think I'll try studio Finish, thanks!
glamour rouge said…
Jayne Iredale under eye duo is the best I've ever used..again you get cool and warm, its quite pricey though. x
Dye-A-Graham said…
I love the MAC Select Cover-Up that comes in the little tube...it is thinner but still covers my unereye circles and acne scars!! I just apply it before my foundation and maybe a touch-up after (if needed)Yippee. The concealer in the pot and the wand are too cakey for me. Give the Select Cover-Up a go...you might like it, too!
Unknown said…
You are really luck, you don't even look like you need concealer. Unlike me and my panda eyes :)
Muhsine Emin said…
Dye-A-Graham I have the select cover up too, its quite nice but not my fav. xx
Riham said…
I LOVE this concealer! I think this is one thing I could not be without lol.... I have never tried the concealer with the wand, but I am gonna go get one!
Imo said…
I have been using studio finish for over 3 years and I love it! it lasts ages and I just apply this where I need too (scars and undereyes) and it works wonders :)
lorien kate said…
I havent tried the Select one yet, but Ive tried the moisture one and hated it! It did nothing for me at all :( At the momenyt Im using MACs Studio sculpt concealer which is AMAZING. It covers EVERYTHING. But like most concealers(and even foundations)it will make dry patches look way worse! Luckily I dont get many dry patches :)
Anonymous said…
did you use shiseido concealers?if you did,could you compare them with this mac concealers for me ?
thx
Unknown said…
My friend also recommended me MAC concealers because it gives you an awesome finish. I was using a different brand of concealer for my eyes. I'll definitely buy one this weekend.

Haley
Kentucky Cosmetology CE

Popular Posts