Bright Lips - Slightly Megan Fox Inspired!

I went a bit crazy experimenting with make up! I hadn't done a bright lip in a while, and took Megan Fox's make up style as my inspiration.

I like an orange toned red and used a velvet matte lip pencil by Nars in 'Red Square' I usually reach for it in the summer but digged it out for this look! Makeup should have no boundaries! I topped it off with a coral lip gloss by Benefit in 'Fresh Squeeze' which has blue reflects in it, I added cool tones to contradict the warm but quite like the effect!



Here are my tips for this look:

  1. Make sure you have a matte face.
  2. Apply pale shimmery colours to the eyelid & define crease with a matte light brown e/s.
  3. Apply winged eyeliner concentrating on the outer corners only.
  4. Apply black eyeliner to the waterline.
  5. Apply black mascara.
  6. Apply a orange based red lipstick & top with a cool based lip gloss.
  7. Apply bronzer and highlight. I used Illamasqua's bronzing duo in 'Glint & Burnish'. (No blush!)

Are you ditching the smokey eye for the bright lip this time of year? I think I'm 50/50!

Comments

Love this look! I am 50/50 too!
Anam said…
I love the lips, great blog! x
Anam said…
im linking you to mine :)

www.thebluntqueen.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
This is stunning!!!
I rarely wear bright lips, but this looks great on you. Perfect colors.
Anonymous said…
I love this color on you. It looks great!
deniz said…
it's a very sultry & balanced look. loving it! but I don't think t would look good on many face types. it might look heavy on some with smaller features, but looks great on you. your face is a great canvas for just about any makeup look
Anonymous said…
I love this look, its so pretty!I have a problem wearing red lips, but I think coral gloss over the top makes it more wearable- thanks!
Muhsine Emin said…
Thanks girls :)

@Analytic Approach to Style wow that's a lovely thing to say :) cok tesekkurler :) but, providing the flick, contour and lipline is in proportion to the face, im sure anybody can pull it off!

X
Belle Du Jour said…
Muhsine- gorgeous as per usual. You look like a brunette marilyn monroe here. loving it!! happy holidays to you and your family!
Kell said…
im still slightly obsessed with the smokey eye & the light pink lip but you pull off the bright lips so well! i always feel wayyy overdone if i have bright lipstick on, so i tend to stay with light pink & nude colors.. i think your dark hair makes you the perfect bright lip candidate :)

have a great christmas, doll!
xoxo
Anonymous said…
Fantastic look hunni
xoxox
Maylah said…
Your gorgeous mashallah..don't you have a facebook that will be awesome with your pics & youtube films ..Awesome blog!!xoxo
Rosa Adores... said…
you look beautiful!

if only i was a bit more confident.. red lips all the way!

x
Marina said…
Great look ;)
Marina from Makeup4ll :)
Meya Cruz said…
very sexy! love it! Happy Holidays!
Sasha E. said…
Amazing look!
You look gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing! )
Anonymous said…
absolutely stunning!!
megan fox can go eat her heart out! :D
yvonne said…
wow thats an amazing look!!! & happy holidays!!!
Hollywood said…
I love that look the lipstick looks fantastic with you skin tone !!!
ellamarie84 said…
Holy moly, you look gorgeous!

And thank you for your 'happy birthday' comment on my blog!! And a very very Happy Birthday to you as well! I think we're almost twins because I turned 25 2 days ago :) It feels strange, now we're a quarter century!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

xoxox
LaaLaa said…
Stunning. I love the lipstick on you.
Unknown said…
Love this look on you!
Marisa said…
you're prettier than Megan Fox ;)
Muhsine Emin said…
Aww wowza! Thanks for all the lovely and heartwarming comments, ur all VERY kind :) xx
Tina A. said…
You 're so pretty girl - is there anything you can't pull off?
Phenomenal job here, I 'd call it "classic Hollywood but with a modern twist"! :)))

xx
Imo said…
I love bright lips hmm I think Im 60/40favouring the bright lips :)
n12345 said…
i love this look, i was just wondering what eye shadow you were wearing b/c it looks beautiful :)
n12345 said…
i love this look, i was just wondering what eye shadow you used? it looks beautiful :)

Popular Posts