St Moriz: Initial Thoughts


St Moriz tanning product, despite its incorrectly spelt name is currently all the rage knocking out St Tropez! St Moritz - the correct spelling is actually a Ski resort in Switzerland. Due to its favorable location residents enjoy over 300 days of sunshine a year.

IT'S TRUE!

I have only used this for a couple of days and this self tanning mousse truly lives up to the hype. It gives a beautiful colour - DEFINITELY not orange, very sunkissed! The most amazing thing for me about it is that it doesn't smell revolting like other fake tans even after it's set.

On initial application it smells very clean, I applied with my hands washing after certain sections. It instantly adds colour making it visible to see where you have applied thus making blending easier and ensuring a streak free application.

I have also used this on my face, and it has been fine. It dries instantly creating a matt finish.
The best thing about it is obviously the price. It comes in at only £2.99 available from Home Bargains in the UK and some TK (J) Maxx stores.

Have you tried this yet? What are your thoughts?

Photographs to follow with a full review, I'm curious to see how long it lasts and if it goes patchy and peels off!

Comments

Kirsten Read said…
yeh its my no.1 tanning mousse just now - no orange, no streaking, not too smelly and lasts well!

Welcome to the St Mori(t)z bandwagon!! ;) xx
Muhsine Emin said…
@saskia the salsa fairy

Thanks :D
GiGi said…
I have to try to find this at my TJMaxx. I really would love to try it!
Can't wait for the pics:)
LionLovingTiger said…
After reading so many good reviews I think I'm going to have to check this out. I've been using Dove Summer Glow for a long time though so quite nervous about going back to fake tan!x
I've been using this for weeks now. I love it - the perfect colour and much more natural looking than St Tropez. :) x
Lipglossiping said…
Can't find this in any of my local TK Maxx's and I'm too far South to have BM Stores etc... I'll have to carry on living vicariously through other people's experiences for now. Do let us know if it fades evenly!
Muhsine Emin said…
@lionlovingtiger I know how you feel, it's been a weird change for me too as I ALWAYS use to use the garnier gradual tanner :)
Anonymous said…
After hearing the buzz about it, I'm tempted to try it too. I usually opt for the no-risk lotions like dove, nivea and johnson's holiday skin. It'll be nice to try something more 'proper'.
Btw, please check my blog, I've blog-awarded you. :)
Saria said…
So, I hope you don't think I am dumb but I have to ask a question. How do you apply self tanner to your hands? I have always found it difficult. I usually wear gloves but i am not sure how to make sure my hands are tan not my palms.. thank you in advance :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@supah thanks :) xx
Muhsine Emin said…
@sibel it's not a dumb question, it's atually quite important... what I do is... once I have applied where I need to I wash my hands and apply abit of loption to my palms, and add the fake tan to the backs of my hands and rub the backs of my hands together and i'll wipe the excess off on my arms :) hope that this helps xxx
Just won it in Mizz Worthy's giveaway, I can't wait to try it! It's great that you can also use it on your face, so far Ive been using J&J Holiday Skin, but it is quite greasy on me... Thanks for the mini review! xxx
Unknown said…
I have 2 bottles waiting for me to try upstairs, but with work, 2 kids and a puppy - life is too hectic right now *sigh*

I'm so excited to try it though :)
Unknown said…
It is a lovely colour and the smell is much better than other products but my goodness is it drying and when it wears off if you dont apply a further coat it is soooo hard to scrub off!

For the colour and lack of biscuity smell though I would still use it again. xx
Monica said…
The really funny thing is that the bottle I picked up IS the correctly spelt version, St Moritz. Im worried that maybe mines a reject or something coz everyone else's is St Moriz. So i havent used it yet, and Im really confused about whats going on with the name!
Natalie said…
Oops! It is St Moriz.. I always want to say St Mortiz for some reason? lol anyway, I'm glad you like it!!
TheDolceGirl said…
Omg,i heard so much about St.MoriZ... and i actually live in US,so i had to order it from UK.
I love it!!
I never used self tanners before,so now it's my must have!!
I also use Laura Mercier Body bronzing make up,before i go out or something and it's amazing!!!
It's smell so lovely and just perfect sun kiss to your legs!!!
Katie Demers said…
@TheDolceGirl: hey i live in the us too and i found st. moriz at my local tj max. check there and see if you can find it that way you don't have to pay for international shipping. it was like $6. not a bad deal!!

Popular Posts