Honest Scrap Tag

My apologies for the delay of this post, I have been tagged by a few people and I have finally got around to doing this! The deal is that I reveal 10 facts about myself that you don't know about. It's a fun tag and have really enjoyed reading other responses, so... here's mine;

1) I am very punctual, being on time is a major deal for me, I can't stand people who make me wait! If I'm late by 5 minutes I start sweating and have a mini panic attack!

2) When putting the food shopping on the conveyor belt, I have to make sure that all items are strategically placed in a neat and tidy order. People who chuck their stuff on randomly make me look at them in horror. :)

3) I can't stand dry hands, it makes me feel really queasy and disgusting and thought of it makes me clench my fist.

4) I am of Turkish origin, most of my family are from Bursa, which is in the Marmara region of Turkey and was the first Ottoman state. However, some of my great gran parents are of Bulgarian and / or Greek descent. I also think we have some kind of Mongolian in us, as many from our family also look Chinese. The rest is unknown, I have enquired deeper, but everybody just looks at me with a blank face.

5) I am quite obsessed with gift wrapping, everything has to be perfect or I'll scrunch it up and start again, there's nothing more frustrating than a badly wrapped gift! :)

6) I can't stand fresh tomato's, the seeds make me shiver.

7) As a child, I was rather annoying, I was a spoilt little so and so! Ughhh I cant stand spoilt kids!

8) Me an my hubby read every single ingredient in our food at the supermarket. We don't eat processed food, additives, artificial flavours and sweeteners and only eat halal food which means that we have to make sure our food is suitable for vegetarians.

9) I love cooking, I really enjoy combining flavours and textures, but more importantly I'm crazy about the presentation of food, I think if I was on "Come dine with me" I would be the perfect host. I even own a napkin folding book!

10) I discovered the wonders of makeup tutorials on YouTube whilst trying to find out towel folding techniques - that's how crazy I am :)

Comments

Unknown said…
You are lovelier now, sweety!
MichĂ©lle said…
LMAO at number 10!! That's so funny!! Love this tag and love finding out these things about you :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@catanya :)) yay, thank god!

@Michelle lol i know #10 is crazy :) x
Unknown said…
LOL @ no 10.

Agree with punctuality. I hate being late or being kept waiting! I'm with you on dry hands too. I've turned back home 15 mins into a journey to go and get my hand cream!
Muhsine Emin said…
@vexinthecity lol i know :) when i even hear or see the word "dry hands" i clench my fist it's really weird :) glad u get me :)
No One said…
LOl your post made me chuckle...
Its good that you like everything to be perfect and presentable definitely a good quality.
Muhsine Emin said…
@classydea ow u should see how much my hubby laughs at me :) xxx
Unknown said…
Lol no 2, I do this in the trolley too! x
fantastic said…
I love how particular you are...that's a really good thing! Do you know I lived next door to a halal grocery for years, and never knew the word had anything to do with the vegetarian bit. I feel silly!

I'm laughing @ #10 too ;)
Muhsine Emin said…
@fantastic halal isnt really connected to vegeterian, like u can get halal meat - it just means it's slaughtered in the islamic way. Most products in the UK contain animal fats so I have to eliminate them from my diet as that animal wasnt slaughtered the correct way - so therefore i buy vegeterian products :) xx
Rouge said…
Those are some fun/funny facts. Can you pretty please post some of your recipes the pics sometimes you post on your twitter look amazing. Maybe do like a blog post on your favorite recipe/snack, i'm a college student whos new to cooking so i'm always looking for ideas. Haha I can totally understand reading all the ingredients, I only eat halal as well :o)
Muhsine Emin said…
@Arouj I will def try to do some recipe posts :) xxx
Clara said…
Interesting facts! I hate tomatoes too- the seeds are disgusting! X
Dila said…
"Come dine with me" yi izlemedim hic ama Turkiyede de "Yemekteyiz" diye bir program var buyuk ihtimalle aynı konsepttir :D.. Turkiye'de gelip katılsan cok guzel olur aslında :) xx
Clara said…
Interesting facts! I hate tomatoes too- the seeds are disgusting! X
Muhsine Emin said…
@dila evet ayni program :) bayaa enteresan olur katilsam :)
fantastic said…
Ahh! Thank you! Now I get it :) xo
Michelle said…
Oh no i am one of those awful people that chuck the food onto the conveyor belt haha! Number 10 cracked me up hahaha loved it :D xx
Sarah said…
I completely agree with you on the late thing, i always get really stressed about it!

I just recently found your blog and I've really enjoyed reading it :)
Alexandra said…
Glad to see a fellow tomatoe hater lol I have tried many times to become a vegetarian but it's just too hard for me...I might literally be addicted to meat! lol I am always on time as well and my bf is the exact opposite...he used to make me late for school all the time!
Muhsine Emin said…
@loveatfirstbite *looking at you in shock horror* lol :) xx

@sarah thank u so much :)

@aleksis yay, ur a tomato hater too! xx
Anna Saccone said…
Ohmigod, Muhsine...are you sure you really want to meet up with me?! LOL!!! I'm just kidding! But seriously, I am ALWAYS late for everything!! Maybe when we meet up, you should tell me a time that's half an hour beforehand so that I won't be late! LOL! You are so funny, I love all these facts about you though, this was such an interesting post to read! I think we are quite different, I'm messy, can't cook and am always late...oh dear! Although I am really anal about my closet...hmm maybe there's still hope for us! ;) Love you! xoxo Anna
Muhsine Emin said…
@anna oh dear lol :D i'm sure we'll get on fine! haha :D xx
Yoselin said…
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that is very stratigic when taking the items out of my shopping cart. My hubby used to think I was OCD, but know he does it too! Hahaha!
Tali said…
The dry hands thing..i totally get..it makes me shiver! Bleah!! Also totally agree about neat conveyor belt action..why be messy??!

Great list. Lots of Bulgarian Russians etc ended up in Turkey when it was the war.. loong ago. My great great grandparents were Bulgarian Russian mix and when they were killed my grandmum was adopted by Turkish family..hence the istanbul link. But none of us will ever know our full mix and links.. too many stories have been lost! xx
luckymirai said…
Oh I love this tag and I love you more. I think you are a considerate person,tidy and just simply amazing.I like it that you may have Chinese blood, bec. I'm the same way.
I can't stand dry hands too and I apply hand lotion 3x a day :)
xoxo
Muhsine Emin said…
@tali Yay someone else who shares my irritation to dry hands :) and ahhh now i understand the Istanbul link! Bursa is full of people who have roots in Bulgaria! It's like it must have been the "go to" place :) xx

@luckymirai aww thank u :) I should take a pic of me and my bro, he looks really quite Chinese, a man in gap started talking to him in Chinese once :) and all my Chinese and Korean friends from uni loved him :) xx
LottieE said…
Interesting post! Thanks hunni! I also would be interested to hear more about your diet/recepie ideas etc. Do you not eat crisps/sweets anything like that? Take care! C x x
Muhsine Emin said…
@lottieb no I don't :( not anymore! But I have a day off now and then where I can splurge :) x
Charlene said…
This was such a great post! :) I feel u on a lot of them, like the ingredients, although i love corn chips and chips ahoy and all that lol, and gosh, dry hands....lotion competes with lipgloss in my handbag! :)
thanks for doing the tag ..loved reading this and lol at number 10!!! btw is kfc halal? xxxxxxxxxxx
Victoria said…
I'm the same about being punctual and if someone is late to meet me it really winds me up.

Also if I go to the cinema and the lights are down I refuse to go in! lol. xx

Popular Posts