DIY Bangle!

Today I went fabric shopping and also had a little shopping trip to accessorize, needless to say I didn't buy anything, but I was inspired!

This is a perfect way to re use a bangle your not in love with to make it one that you adore!

To make this you will need: Fabric, an old bangle, prit stick, all adhesive glue, and some scissors.


Let's get started! Click images to enlarge to get a closer look!



1) You will need to cut a long piece of fabric and fold it on either side to make it meet in the middle.

2) Glue it down with prit stick.

3) Fold it in half and glue it with prit stick so you have a clean edge.


You should have something that looks like this at the end of those steps.



4) Next apply some all purpose adhesive to your bangle.

5) Press the edge of your fabric down, holding for a few seconds unti it's firm.


Now the fun part!
6) Wrap tightly all the way round.
7) Glue down with all purpose adhesive when you get to the end, my strip wasn't long enough.


To complete the unfinished part of the bangle...
8) cut a small rectangle and fold in the edges, and then complete steps 1, 2 and 3 again until you have a small strip that is clean on all ends.
9) Apply all purpose adhesive to the inner part of bangle again and add the small strip of fabric to it.
10) Wrap it round and stick it down again, holding until dry.


FINISHED!
How cute does it look?

The best thing about it is, you can make a top, skirt or dress from the leftover fabric and have a matching bangle!

Did you like this post? Would you like to see more "Do It Yourself" ideas?

Comments

Olivia said…
OH MY GOD!!
I SO HAVE TO DO THIS :) xox
Nicolavc86 said…
wow loving it!! such a pretty fabric as well!!
xxx
Muhsine Emin said…
@olivia, im loving it too, do it, its so easy :) xx

@nicola i love love the fabric, so cute and perfect for summer :)
Javy said…
i loved this post, i would love to see more of them!! :))
Unknown said…
Lovely! And yes, definitely, I will love some DIY entries. They are inspirational and I love crafty things. The detail of having a bangle matching a dress is awesome. Take Care!
Muhsine Emin said…
@javy and catanya thanks girls :) x
Rouge said…
that is sooo pretty. yes would love more DIY blogs enteries please.
rufflesandrouge said…
I love the post and the bracelet ! It looks so pretty w ur other bangles ! would love to see more diy posts - I find them inspiring :)

Quick question tho - what is a prit stick ? :)
Muhsine Emin said…
@arouj thanks :)

@lady b - just a standard school kid glue stick :) x
Clara said…
such a great idea - you're so clever!! x
No One said…
Love these kind of posts! and the colours of the fabrics are beautiful! LOVEs it, 2 thumbs up!
Anonymous said…
Such a cute idea! DEF do more of these posts! :D xx
Sugar said…
wow! great idea!
Natalya said…
What a great idea! Yes, more posts like this please :) xxx
Lotus said…
great post- I would love to see more DIY posts! :)
KRYSTAL said…
omg! SUCH A GOOD IDEA!! i have some useless bangles that i need to work on now.. haha thanks, girl! yes, post more DIY posts, pls!
Lush19 said…
You are so creative.... I love it!!!
More posts like these please! xx
Crissy said…
ah i haven't made these in years. i think i might make one lol

more DIY posts :D
Cupcake Couture said…
omg!! I need to do this... GOOD IDEA and yes yes yes more DIY!

<3
Natalie said…
I love this!! That is such a good idea! I've seen bangles wrapped like this in cloth, but never thought of doing it myself. I'm going to go fabric shopping! haha I would love to see more DIY posts!!

Thanks so much for sharing, love! <3
Charlene said…
oh def!! bring on the DIY
Muhsine, brilliant and bravo!! More posts like this please. What great inspiration. xoxoNadia
Melissa Ann said…
SOOO Cute! I love DIY stuff! Great pattern too!
alexandra said…
Yes,yes indeed.You certainly have a lot of ideas.We love you.xxxALEXANDRA
Muhsine Emin said…
Yay :) thanks for the comments girlies, glad u like the dea as much as I do! X
Christel said…
I love this! Such a great idea!
And I too would love to see more ideas like this! oxo
Unknown said…
Wow how clever, yes would love to see more of these posts! :) x
Wow, you're so creative! Of course we wanna see more DIY posts!
CBethGlitter said…
What a great idea! Love posts like this :)
GinaG said…
another inspired post... I really love your DIY posts, keep them up. x
Rosa Adores... said…
wow! thats such a good idea! its so on trend aswell!
i love your posts like this, you should do more, there great!

iv only just started my own blog, but i have been following yours for a while now. you Definatley inspired me to start my own :) xxx
Tina A. said…
That's a great idea and looks fairly easy to do!!!
Needless to say the bangle looks quite expensive!

I 'd love to see more DIY posts! :)

xxx
Victoria said…
I really like these kind of posts! More like this would be great.

xx
MissGlamTan said…
More posts like this please :) fab xxx
What a great idea! The fabric is so pretty! I love this kind of posts, keep them up!
Katrina said…
I LOVE IT!!! I have to do this!!! Thank you for the post!!!
Katrina said…
I would FOR SURE LOOOVE to see more stuff like this! I wanna learn how to make all kinds of stuff!! :)
Muhsine Emin said…
excellent thanks :)

@tina_mbc it sure does look expensive :)

@katrina i'll try my best :)

x
w said…
Looove loove this post! please do more of D.I.Y.:) THANKS!
sabrina said…
loves this! would love some more!
amazingg!!!!
I am so going to try that one .. my mum also is into making clothes and she has loads of fabric :D
thanks so muchhh!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
362436 said…
This is my favorite post ever! I am lovin' it
Unknown said…
I love this post! I'd love to read more DIY themed posts.
Jen said…
Ohh what a great idea!!!
love the bangles and the headband you've made.
Anna Saccone said…
I love this fabric! I adore bangles made from fabric like this anyways, I just never thought to do it myself! :) Thanks! xxx
Unknown said…
Very Cute!
http://allamericanbeautyblog.com/

Popular Posts