Shampoo Cleansing Ingredients To Avoid:

Hi girls, I wanted to make you aware of certain chemicals which can be very harsh and drying to the hair. Check to see if your shampoo contains the following ingredients, it most likely does!
Do you feel that your hair is dry and you need to use more conditioner and buy intense moisture masks? Then seriously try eliminating these ingredients and see the difference.

Shampoo Cleansing Ingredients To Avoid:

Ingredient info from: http://www.savvyskin.com/shampoo-ingredients-to-avoid

Extremely common ingredients
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
Ammonium Xylene Sulfonate
TEA Lauryl Sulfate
Sulfur (in dandruff shampoos)
Selenium Sulfide (in dandruff shampoos)

Less common ingredients
Magnesium Sulfate
Sodium Thiosulfate
Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
Alkyl Sodium Sulfate
Alkyl Benzene Sulfonate
TEA-Dodecylbenzene
Sodium C12-15 Alkyl Sulfate
Sodium Dodecyl Sulfonate

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate is the chemical used to make your shampoo froth. Shampoos that don't contain these don't froth up as much so you have been warned, but still clean your hair just as good!
I have switched to natural paraben free shampoos about 5 months ago and it has really made a difference, even my hubby is a convert!

I originally used Aveda, but found it was too expensive to keep up with. So I did my research and found this alternative http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/ it's the naked hair line available at boots, the shampoo's are £3.99, which isn't too bad, paraben and nasty harsh chemical free! There are many more brands to choose from.. but be sure to print out the list of what to avoid.. and get your hair looking and feeling its best!

Comments

Gail said…
WOW....I ran and got my shampoo and conditioner to compare to your list and was surprised to see so many of those additives! And my shampoo is an expensive salon brand! I guess I am off to the organic shop tomorow to see what I can find! Thanks for the post, I do notice my hair is dry alot! I thought it was just the bleach/highlites though!..lol
I am going to give a new shampoo a go and see what happens...:)
Muhsine Emin said…
Yey keep me informed of how it goes! :) x
Natalia said…
Hello again, I used Aveda too and this was lovely. I also tried Neals Yard but this didn't leave hy hair soft, clean or shiny. I'm using a John Frieda with loads of chemicals and yes my hair is very dry!. I'm definitely going to try the naked shampoo- hopefully today!!!! xxx
Muhsine Emin said…
Excellent :) I'm warning u it doesn't froth like chemical shampoos but it still cleans! Their range us amazing and affordable... Stick with it! x
Clara said…
wow thanks for sharing this, i had no idea! will have to check my shampoo. definitely going to check out the naked range, looks great and really affordable. x
Muhsine Emin said…
Ur welcome hele :) glad I can help!
Anonymous said…
Great post! I always find if a shampoo/cleanser/shower gel doesnt foam its a sure good sign its ok for your skin. Its all the frothing additives they put it that are evil beans!
Natalia said…
Hey I just went to Superdug and found a range called "Organic Care" and it's chemical free :) I got the " natural miracle ultra hydrating" shampoo& conditioner and it was £2.93 and buy one get one free! I will post a review on my blog. Thanks bubblegarm :)
Muhsine Emin said…
OOoo sounds great :) have fun with it.. ur welcome.
Holly said…
OMG thanks for letting us know!so bad I just went to check my crazy expensive Kerastase shampoo at £15 a pop hoping not to see any baddie but yep loads!so bad!I usually buy organic hair products but got this last time at hairdressers, yuk don't wana use it now!x
Muhsine Emin said…
Ur welcome swrety, I know, even ojon shampoo contains some which is supposedly natural!
That was helpful! I'm gonna check my shampoo :)

Popular Posts