Jemma Kidd - Brush Review

I have six brushes from the whole range, and I have to say I am very happy with the quality. I would say it's good value for money. I use them on a daily basis and have had no problem with them shedding. They are very soft and not at all harsh on the face. I would definately recommend these, especially if you are on a budget. I also got some Rubie & Millie ones on the same day that I ended up chucking in the bin because they were utter rubbish - had to keep picking the hairs of my face!





From left to right: 1) Small stippling brush, very similar to MACs 188, I purchased this to apply cream blush and it works wonderfully. 2) Liner brush , great to tight line with MACs fluidline blacktrack. 3) Deepen brush, very good to darken the crease line. 4) Colour brush, basically a shader brush which does the job nicely. 5) Highlighter brush, I would say it's a large shader brush again does the job nicely. 6) Cheek brush, this is a lovely flat top buffer brush, I use this to apply my msf's, works beautifully. It gives a nice controlled light wash of colour.



I have quite alot of brushes, the second container holds all of my MAC brushes, and the other is non mac which includes Clinique, Smashbox, Space NK, ELF, Bobbi Brown and BeneFit. The acrylic containers with pink flowers on them are from Paperchase. The tin with the fan brush on it is from Butlers, I use this when travelling, All of my brushes fit in this neatly.
I'm not sure if I will continue to store my brushes like this on my new dressing table, I kind of want everything concealed. Any ideas? How do you store yours?


Comments

Laura said…
I have the line and deepen Jemma Kidd brush and really like it...was wondering what people thought of the rest of her line...might invest in these, cheaper than MAC afterall! Thanks for this x x x
Muhsine Emin said…
your welcome, I want to get the little retractable face brush, looks so cute!
Laura said…
i think the brushes are probably the strongest thing about her line - i could be wrong as i have not tried the make up :) haha. I love my double ended brush from her - its a daily staple.
makeupmadb said…
I have the foundation brush (the stippling brush) and I love it! I think it really is a fantastic brush. Haven't had any trouble with shedding or bleeding dye. I also had a Ruby & Millie eyeshadow brush but found it awfully scratchy. I currently store some brushes in a GOSH brush roll, though I need another one. I'm not sure whether to get the MAC brush roll or just another GOSH one.
Anonymous said…
I have a brush roll which I store most of my brushes in, handy as you can hide it in the drawer. Saying that tho your paperchase containers are so pretty I'm thinking I might like them out on display. They'd look lovely with glass beads in them xx
Muhsine Emin said…
A brush roll would be an excellent idea, I will check the gosh & MAC one out. I would love my brushes on display but my husband seriously has ocd issues :) If I could find something upright with a lid, that would work too.
Skyle said…
I love Jemma kidd brushes. They're some of the best quality (and cutest packaging) imo.
Unknown said…
apparently jemma kidd is to be removed from boots stores and relaunching in Space NK, i read it on a pixiwoo comment on a video of theirs. I've never tried jemma kidd products but ruby and millie brushes are rubbish! Gosh brushes are really really good.
Olivia said…
Where can you buy jemma kidd brushes from?
I have never seen them in boots or superdrug :(.
They look really good :)
Unknown said…
oh wow are they still in boots?

wouls you say the kabuki would be good for applying mineralized skinfinish natural to all of the face ?

is that brush really dense like mac 1?

Popular Posts